Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    the red one looks like a regulator of some kind and the other a filter, strainer, or solids separator.
    I agree. Any pictures of the burner assembly. The Pacific Flush Tank item is the gas regulator to drop the incoming methane from the compressor building to your burner's rated pressure. A picture much further back would help a lot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I agree. Any pictures of the burner assembly. The Pacific Flush Tank item is the gas regulator to drop the incoming methane from the compressor building to your burner's rated pressure. A picture much further back would help a lot.
    If it’s a regulator how do you adjust it? There’s no adjustment. Is just a fixed orifice deal? Many questions to follow. The burner itself is a typical old school power burner- dual fuel- farts and natural with a methane actuator and a common fluid power on/off single firing right Honeywell fluid power

Post Likes
    Chops your a man after my own heart my freind- we talking screw chillers one minute - fart burners the next. I enjoy this field!

Post Likes
    LOL! Yeah man, I work on anything and everything....and make no promises on any of it!

I see stuff every day that I don’t know what it is, just gotta keep on keepin on!!

Post Likes
    See if we can get this pushed to one of the Pro Forums and I'll go into a little more detail.

Post Likes
    For sure- the boiler message board looked dead so I posted here- sorta a mistake I usually post in the pros. Lots of questions about tuning parameters with the fart gas- I mean the properties are so inconsistent I was always under the impression safety ie CO number one and smooth consistent light off and stable firing is the main goal. What sorta combustion numbers do you strive for. I would think the 3-5%O2 would be asking a lot with an inconsistent “bio fuel”

Post Likes
    I know it’s not an exact science with fart gas but as far as combustion analyzing goes it was mentioned that “even 1 to 1 1/2” %O2 can throw it off” no methane expert but is that not pretty lean? but I think he was referring to a different application. As far as burning methane what sorta O2 values is “ballpark” I say ballpark cuz obviously the heat content and priorities of the fuel will vary cu ft to cu ft- obviously error to the side of safety is paramount but please don’t shoot but given the nature of inconsistency of fuel just a guess I would say >200ppm CO would most likely be acceptable. I obviously less the better but I work in the real world- usually- when I’m not burning fart gas. Please don’t shoot! You can’t learn if you don’t ask. Just looking for ideal combustion values for “bio-fuel”. I agree about moving to pro forum- must’ve accidentally posted here? The hydronics topic board was dead. ATTENTION MODS!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    I know it’s not an exact science with fart gas but as far as combustion analyzing goes it was mentioned that “even 1 to 1 1/2” %O2 can throw it off” no methane expert but is that not pretty lean? but I think he was referring to a different application. As far as burning methane what sorta O2 values is “ballpark” I say ballpark cuz obviously the heat content and priorities of the fuel will vary cu ft to cu ft- obviously error to the side of safety is paramount but please don’t shoot but given the nature of inconsistency of fuel just a guess I would say >200ppm CO would most likely be acceptable. I obviously less the better but I work in the real world- usually- when I’m not burning fart gas. Please don’t shoot! You can’t learn if you don’t ask. Just looking for ideal combustion values for “bio-fuel”. I agree about moving to pro forum- must’ve accidentally posted here? The hydronics topic board was dead. ATTENTION MODS!!!!
    Maybe I was misleading... I was talking about the oxygen content in the fuel. It will vary from season to season and day from night. I think a "ballpark" number would suffice due to the fuel quality and BTU content like you said.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Maybe I was misleading... I was talking about the oxygen content in the fuel. It will vary from season to season and day from night. I think a "ballpark" number would suffice due to the fuel quality and BTU content like you said.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Right but with alternative fuel like methane you have no idea of btu content because of so much inconsistency
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Dave. Start a thread in the pro’s commercial forum, we can get more in depth with technical assistance there. In the open forums, you won’t see in depth combustion assistance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Dave. Start a thread in the pro’s commercial forum, we can get more in depth with technical assistance there. In the open forums, you won’t see in depth combustion assistance.
    10-4. Also I was able to ID the components- one is a check valve other is a flame trap
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Start a thread In the Pro’s commercial forum...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12