Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Methane gas burner/digester components

Looks like the boiler/burner board is sorta dead so I decided to post here. Anyone familiar with methane burner gas trains? I sorta got called in to help as I have little more boiler burner experience at my shop but with “biofuel” ie methane not so much. The problems info I have is vague and I just popped in to have a look as to what I was gettin into. They seem to think there is a problem with some components but no one knows what they are??? Well... what makes you think they’re bad if you don’t know what they are. Nonetheless I am charged with the task of figuring it out so here I am doing homework. The components in question are round red bolted tops that say pacific flush tank and some numbers but I cannot find any info on them. For all I know they could be strainers of sorts. There on the gas train after the drip leg before the fluid power gas valve. There is what looks to be another more fancy actuator before the fluid power no doubt safety redundancy there but it’s the other two components that I’m unsure about gonna try to upload some pics. It’s a methane burner for digester boiler/heat exchanger at a wastewater plant. Is dual fuel but the natural gas back up is fine. Any insight helps. Ok I can’t figure out how to upload pics on mobile- if need be I will on computer at home but the mystery components are TPacific Flush tank co Chicago
    DG1
    2L-28.02 A

Same mfg DG32
    P.F.T
    N

Drip leg thing DG34
    SP143818D
    I just copied and pasted my notes the “DG” numbers are just they’re inventory tags not product specific I just copied my notes. Any insight helpful. thanks!
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    I've worked on a few, but need quite a bit more info about the setup. Pics would be helpful. The biggest issue that I've had over the years is the fluctuating nature of digester gas coming from the source (landfill, sewage treatment, etc...) Particularly in landfill scenarios, the btu content of the gas can swing wildly which effects combustion.

Let's see what you have and go from there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I've worked on a few, but need quite a bit more info about the setup. Pics would be helpful. The biggest issue that I've had over the years is the fluctuating nature of digester gas coming from the source (landfill, sewage treatment, etc...) Particularly in landfill scenarios, the btu content of the gas can swing wildly which effects combustion.

Let's see what you have and go from there.
    Exactly- don’t know what your getting with “alternative fuel” I can’t figure out how to upload using regular mobile but I’m re downloading tapatalk and I think I was able to from there once upon a time. Gonna try to get some pics.

Post Likes
    Apparently tapatalk will not connect to my photos even though it’s enabled. Huh technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

Post Likes
    well, that was entertaining....just learned more about the history of sewer systems than I ever wanted to! LOL!

Doesn't look like that company is in business anymore.....unless they've changed names. How old is this stuff?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    Apparently tapatalk will not connect to my photos even though it’s enabled. Huh technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you should be able to use tapatalk to attach an image directly from your phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    you should be able to use tapatalk to attach an image directly from your phone.
    its not retrieving photo library for some reason. Yes it is interesting and difficult because pacific flush tank doesn't seem to be around and i can pay like $50 to down load some archived literature from one of those scribed or archive sites but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that as theres no guarantee what i pay t download will be applicable. Its pretty old. gonna try to upload pics on the mac here now that I'm home

Post Likes
    I've run cogen plants off of methane off of landfills. The collection system and clay cap needs to be in good shape. Need a gas analyzer to test the fuel or you have no idea what your dealing with. Even 1-1.5% O2 in the fuel will mess with you. The engines would lean out and start detonating.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_0028.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  103.0 KBName:  IMG_0029.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  101.3 KBName:  IMG_0030.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  28.9 KBName:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  68.0 KBName:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  88.5 KB

Post Likes
    ok got some pics uploaded

Post Likes
    the red one looks like a regulator of some kind and the other a filter, strainer, or solids separator.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    the red one looks like a regulator of some kind and the other a filter, strainer, or solids separator.
    X2. Any further back pictures of more of the setup?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    The current owner of one of Pacific Flush Tank companies original patents is EVOQUA WATER TECHNOLOGIES LLC.

Maybe try contacting them to identify the part.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast