Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3235363738394041424344 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'm not disagreeing about insurance shooting though the roof but you blame it on the gov. & I blame it on the market. The ACA was just a poor attempt to solve some of the problems that have evolved with the healthcare industry. It looks like it it can't be done by using the market & that is what it tried to do. If you can come up with a better solution than single payer then I'm all ears but if you keep saying going to more of a free market system would fix it then I have to disagree.
    Yep, the "market" is alway "free" to buy politicians, as has been done for decades.

I don't see currently run Medicare ripping us off or buying politicians. They aren't. There's no "free market" there and they operate with the lowest overhead, lowest admin, and the lowest prices per medical care of any of them. Yet the Right insists they are demons? I don't get it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Yep, the "market" is alway "free" to buy politicians, as has been done for decades.

I don't see currently run Medicare ripping us off or buying politicians. They aren't. There's no "free market" there and they operate with the lowest overhead, lowest admin, and the lowest prices per medical care of any of them. Yet the Right insists they are demons? I don't get it.
    ACA II won't be expanded Medicare!

Medicare is not as pure as the driven snow like you seem to think.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post

Medicare is not as pure as the driven snow like you seem to think.
    Medicare is not nearly as corrupt as the Big Three.

Last time I checked Medicare was not for-profit nor are they publicly traded. Nor do they buy our politicians.

Post Likes
    Why would they try to buy politicians, they are part of the bureaucracy that runs the politicians.

Post Likes
    Medicare pays 80% you all know that but they pay that 80% of what they think that service is worth and it doesn't matter if it's in New York city or your town it pays all the same. It all negotiated.

Post Likes
    Why would they try to buy politicians, they are part of the bureaucracy that runs the politicians.
    We have single payer right now (Medicare). Tell me how our govt is screwing up that system? Then tell me how that system could be improved for the betterment to all who are now covered by it? Two questions.

Post Likes
    Did you read Servicefitter’s post right above your’s?
    If the government would only pay you 80% would you leave prices the same or raise them?
    If you did no work for the government but saw were those that did were charging more than you would you raise your price?

If you answered no to either of the last two questions that explains a lot. If you answer yes to either then your questions are answered.

Post Likes
    Did you read Servicefitter’s post right above your’s?
    I did not see the significance of his post.

If the government would only pay you 80% would you leave prices the same or raise them?
    I work for 80% all the time, but only for those that give me a lot of repeat business, which is what Medicare does.

If you did no work for the government but saw were those that did were charging more than you would you raise your price?

If you answered no to either of the last two questions that explains a lot. If you answer yes to either then your questions are answered.
    Again, I don't get the significance of your post either. But I have to ask you something: Are you an employee, a sole-proprietor or retired?

Post Likes
    Funny, I simple way folks here can stay alive in a conversation is by refusing to answer simple questions.

Tomorrow I take the witness stand in my lawsuit. I will be grueled by the defense attorney and required to answer every question asked of me. If that was done here, most would bow out of these threads.

Post Likes
    I've heard a lot of bashing single payer & get rid of Obamacare but I haven't heard anyone come up with another plan that would work. If you want to treat healthcare like buying a car or big screen TV then it would be easy to let the free market work it out. If you can't afford it, you just don't get it. Somehow I don't think it's that simple with healthcare & the consequences that would follow.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Funny, I simple way folks here can stay alive in a conversation is by refusing to answer simple questions.

Tomorrow I take the witness stand in my lawsuit. I will be grueled by the defense attorney and required to answer every question asked of me. If that was done here, most would bow out of these threads.
    Hey, weren't you the guy who a couple years ago said a driver going through an intersection and hitting a bum who rode his bike into the intersection was at fault? You said they should have been watching more carefully ahead and anticipated/seen the bum sooner.

Why are you suing because you hit a parked truck? Sure the truck was illegally parked(from what I remember from your explanation), but wouldn't it be your fault for not seeing it?

Maybe I have the facts wrong, but I think that was your explanation of your accident. And if I'm remembering the details of your accident correctly, your present belief is completely opposite of the opinion you hotly argued about that bum getting hit.

And by the way, all your questions are answered. You just can't process the answers. Your brain is stuck in cement.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I've heard a lot of bashing single payer & get rid of Obamacare but I haven't heard anyone come up with another plan that would work. If you want to treat healthcare like buying a car or big screen TV then it would be easy to let the free market work it out. If you can't afford it, you just don't get it. Somehow I don't think it's that simple with healthcare & the consequences that would follow.
    This has been answered a million times. Again, like GC you hear what you want to hear and ignore answers which argues against your opinion.

Post Likes
    Anyone that forgets the past is likely to repeat it!!

Asking the government to fix the screw up they created is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house or the pedophile in charge of the daycare may be a more appropriate analogy.

Listening to you B*tch and complain all these years since you realized you got screwed by ACA you would think you would have learned your lessen the first time.

I'm trying to save you from yourself.
    no chance of that. He's WAY too obsessed with those rich guys in Lamborghinis and their corporate healthcare plan.

Strange how GC didn't take me up on my offer to trade healthcare expenses this year. I've got a Cadillac employer provided plan according to him. I get a sweet heart deal on the backs of guys like him. So I thought I would be nice since its just not fair and pay his medical bills this year in exchange for my sweet heart deal.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3235363738394041424344 LastLast