Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344
Results 560 to 571 of 571
  1. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    There is no American Steve Jobs. He died at 56 years old. Contributing to the lower life expectancy of the US vs Canada, 82.2/77.8. Then of course, per capita Canada ~70% as many billionaires and millionaires than the US.

    What's your point about Steve Jobs anyway? You prefer a system that favours the few mega rich, rather than the many peasants?

    Then there is your basic ideology that capitalism is the only solution to problems. Which completely ignores what universities and the public sector contribute to knowledge.

    https://www.utoronto.ca/news/u-t-res...e-technologies

    Failure of capitalism: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/glybe...rice-1.5312177

    I am acutely aware of what my healthcare costs. I pay significantly more than the average Canadian. If I was in the US, and had insurance, I'd be about $10k better off. Despite this, not in a million years would I want the mess and misery that you lot have. Why?

    I am profoundly aware of what the lack of healthcare can do. One missed insulin shot, or even just the wrong dose, can fck up a whole day. Repeatedly missing medication, like some people do due to cost, has dire consequences for the individual and the healthcare system as a whole. I don't want anyone to live like that! I have zero problem with paying more so everyone has access to basic healthcare. Quite frankly, it's what Jesus would do!

    The argument from many in ARP, people want free stuff yada yada, socialism bad, yada yada...

    But I'm telling you as someone that is paying for that free stuff and extra for the stuff that isn't free (diabetic tech), I would rather universal for all rather than whatever it is that you lot have. Not because I'm uneducated or don't know 'the truth', but because I do. And on the balance of it all, your whole system sucks balls!
    Yesterday my customer flew in from British Columbia. After we finished our business I told him I was going to ask him the one question I ask all Canadians - "How do you like your healthcare?" He said he lived here in the US most of his life and now is married to a Canadian so he knows both systems.

    He said he highly prefers his over ours and it is not anything like the US claims it is. He says he has a clinic at the supermarket that can handle most issues like infections, flues, fevers, etc. Just show your card and it's no charge at the counter. Larger issues are not as quick but nothing like our Republican Healthcare Puppeteers say it is. He said he does not know how much he pays toward healthcare because it is combined with his total tax withdrawn. So lahrs, how do you know what you are paying for universal healthcare?

    Also Laurs, I question whether you pay more than me.

  2. #561
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,841
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    There is no American Steve Jobs. He died at 56 years old. Contributing to the lower life expectancy of the US vs Canada, 82.2/77.8. Then of course, per capita Canada ~70% as many billionaires and millionaires than the US.

    What's your point about Steve Jobs anyway? You prefer a system that favours the few mega rich, rather than the many peasants?

    Then there is your basic ideology that capitalism is the only solution to problems. Which completely ignores what universities and the public sector contribute to knowledge.

    https://www.utoronto.ca/news/u-t-res...e-technologies

    Failure of capitalism: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/glybe...rice-1.5312177

    I am acutely aware of what my healthcare costs. I pay significantly more than the average Canadian. If I was in the US, and had insurance, I'd be about $10k better off. Despite this, not in a million years would I want the mess and misery that you lot have. Why?

    I am profoundly aware of what the lack of healthcare can do. One missed insulin shot, or even just the wrong dose, can fck up a whole day. Repeatedly missing medication, like some people do due to cost, has dire consequences for the individual and the healthcare system as a whole. I don't want anyone to live like that! I have zero problem with paying more so everyone has access to basic healthcare. Quite frankly, it's what Jesus would do!

    The argument from many in ARP, people want free stuff yada yada, socialism bad, yada yada...

    But I'm telling you as someone that is paying for that free stuff and extra for the stuff that isn't free (diabetic tech), I would rather universal for all rather than whatever it is that you lot have. Not because I'm uneducated or don't know 'the truth', but because I do. And on the balance of it all, your whole system sucks balls!
    You missed my point. My point was that there are mega rich here and all over the world who come here and spend billions per year on any and every type of treatment. They spare no expense. Steve Jobs was a metaphor for these people. Those people boost the per capita spending that guys like GC obsess on. Also like I said the average american makes $15k more than the average Canadian. People spend their paychecks.

    My point has nothing to do with regular people getting adequate care. In fact the average middle class guy here gets newer and more advanced treatment and equipment compared to you guys. And you know that to be true.

    Bottom line is simple. Most Candians pay more for basic healthcare than Americans. Those cost lines cross eachother somewhere around lower middle class/upper lower class. If you go further down the financial spectrum to lower class/poor, the truly poor here also pay nothing. So, there is only a small section of the income range that actually pay less in Canada. I've got friends with kids who pay nothing for any medial bills. And they aren't dirt poor.

    We do have a problem here in the USA of people being destroyed by an unexpected medical bill and having to declare bankruptcy. But there are also pitfalls in every single payer system above and beyond the added costs for middle class income earners and up. I've weighed all of these facts. Good and bad. So far no one has convinced me that going single payer is a good solution to our problems. At best, it's a side step.

    Unfortunately the dim-witted(not you you at all Larhs) here believe I don't understand the problems in our system. The truth is I do, its they who refuse to recognize the pitfalls in what they are proposing.

    I know you know I'm I'm not referring to you with the dim-witted comment. You know I respect your understanding and open mindedness on this issue. It's the closed minded who refuse to acknowledge facts I have issue with.

    I get it. You see most of these these pitfalls and are willing to live with them for the security of a single payer system. It's a perfectly logical and rational position. One I often struggle with. But I do think you need to put more weight into medical advancements and what would happen to R&D if America went single payer. It's not just the issues above that we are talking about. USA single payer would do bad things to Healthcare that will be felt around the world. Medical innovation is just one more facet. There are also others.

  3. #562
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,841
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Yesterday my customer flew in from British Columbia. After we finished our business I told him I was going to ask him the one question I ask all Canadians - "How do you like your healthcare?" He said he lived here in the US most of his life and now is married to a Canadian so he knows both systems.

    He said he highly prefers his over ours and it is not anything like the US claims it is. He says he has a clinic at the supermarket that can handle most issues like infections, flues, fevers, etc. Just show your card and it's no charge at the counter. Larger issues are not as quick but nothing like our Republican Healthcare Puppeteers say it is. He said he does not know how much he pays toward healthcare because it is combined with his total tax withdrawn. So lahrs, how do you know what you are paying for universal healthcare?

    Also Laurs, I question whether you pay more than me.
    I've posted the numbers. You refuse to look at them because your obsessions paralyze your mind.

    And I'm a republican puppeteer? Who and what republican is proposing anything? Like I said your obsessions paralize your mind to reality.

  4. #563
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,486
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Yesterday my customer flew in from British Columbia. After we finished our business I told him I was going to ask him the one question I ask all Canadians - "How do you like your healthcare?" He said he lived here in the US most of his life and now is married to a Canadian so he knows both systems.

    He said he highly prefers his over ours and it is not anything like the US claims it is. He says he has a clinic at the supermarket that can handle most issues like infections, flues, fevers, etc. Just show your card and it's no charge at the counter. Larger issues are not as quick but nothing like our Republican Healthcare Puppeteers say it is. He said he does not know how much he pays toward healthcare because it is combined with his total tax withdrawn. So lahrs, how do you know what you are paying for universal healthcare?

    Also Laurs, I question whether you pay more than me.
    My understanding is that Canada has 13 HC systems for the various provinces/regions. Are they all the same?

  5. #564
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    My understanding is that Canada has 13 HC systems for the various provinces/regions. Are they all the same?
    You must be asking 83 this question since he knows more about the Canadian healthcare system than any Canadian.

    Oh what a link can make a guy....smarter than a whole country... and it's for real in his head.

  6. #565
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,745
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    My understanding is that Canada has 13 HC systems for the various provinces/regions. Are they all the same?
    No.

    I really only know about the BC system. And even then, rely on my Canadian misses to confirm details.

    But, different provinces have different coverage for supplies/services. How it's funded (tax, levies etc) is also different.

  7. #566
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I've posted the numbers. You refuse to look at them because your obsessions paralyze your mind.

    And I'm a republican puppeteer? Who and what republican is proposing anything? Like I said your obsessions paralize your mind to reality.
    Because you pulled the numbers out of your butt. Like you do most everything else.

    Why don't you go talk politics with someone at work and show them how stable and respectful you are? You probably couldn't trust yourself not to shoot the poor guy.

  8. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,841
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Because you pulled the numbers out of your butt. Like you do most everything else.

    Why don't you go talk politics with someone at work and show them how stable and respectful you are? You probably couldn't trust yourself not to shoot the poor guy.
    This is what I'm talking about. And why I try to get people to ignore you. The numbers I posted were from several sources including Candian government websites. And Lahrs looked at them and said twice they sound accurate. I think he actually got a bit pissed at you one time which is unusual for him.

    Again, your obsessions blind you and paralyze your mind. You keep this discussion at the starting gate becuase we can't get you to form opinions based on foundational facts. This is your MO for just about everything actually.

    I heard it the other day explained well. I immediately thought of you. The person stated it's like trying to debate which is healthier? An apple or an orange. Then someone jumps into the discussion and they are convinced an the orange is a strawberry. You can't move on with a productive and informative discussion, because they keep bringing the discussion back to their insane starting gate trying to convince everyone an orange is a strawberry.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brian8383; 10-19-2019 at 10:59 PM.
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  9. #568
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,841
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You must be asking 83 this question since he knows more about the Canadian healthcare system than any Canadian.

    Oh what a link can make a guy....smarter than a whole country... and it's for real in his head.
    You are brainless. You have talked to Canadians who said the prefer their system. I never denied this. It's fact. Most do.

    I post the numbers. I post actual costs. Most Candians don't understand these costs. Even the last guy you bugged said he really doesn't know. It's pretty complex. But many who actually understand the costs still support it. Larhs has a good idea and still prefers their system. I 100% understand that. It's human nature and I'd likely feel the same if I were Canadian.

    Did you hear that last statement. I FULLY understand the costs and other drawbacks to single payer, but I'd likely support it on a state run system if I only had theirs and ours to choose from.

    Did you hear that? Did that sink in?

    I post costs of their system so people can weigh that into their opinions. I also post facts of issues with wait lists and denials of treatment that are at a higher rate than the USA. They do a decent job to mitigate theses issues. They do better than we do with the VA, but it is an issue to weigh when compared to yours and my coverage. And that issue will be as bad or worse with USA single payer. That's an opinion. But it's an opinion that would be nearly impossible to say wouldn't happen.

    So exactly what fact have you or anyone else ever posted that I don't accept? What fact has even any Candian said to you that I dissagree with? Please name just one. I'll wait.

    BTW, I can name a dozen facts you refuse to accept. Costs in Canada are just one.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  10. #569
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    This is what I'm talking about. And why I try to get people to ignore you. The numbers I posted were from several sources including Candian government websites. And Lahrs looked at them and said twice they sound accurate. I think he actually got a bit pissed at you one time which is unusual for him.

    Again, your obsessions blind you and paralyze your mind. You keep this discussion at the starting gate becuase we can't get you to form opinions based on foundational facts. This is your MO for just about everything actually.

    I heard it the other day explained well. I immediately thought of you. The person stated it's like trying to debate which is healthier? An apple or an orange. Then someone jumps into the discussion and they are convinced an the orange is a strawberry. You can't move on with a productive and informative discussion, because they keep bringing the discussion back to their insane starting gate trying to convince everyone an orange is a strawberry.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    You are your own neminsis and I'm not holding you back from anything. Bring your big pipe dream ideas forward because I have not heard them yet. All you have is scapegoats like me to chase around and blame your failures on.

    I asked you before to give your your speech that you would give to the nation to turn our healthcare in the right direction. You had absolutely nothing to say. You can't even talk to your co-workers about the subject because you'd bust a gasket on them.

    You have spent way too much time on this subject to still have no viable solution. Filling the House and Senate with your Constutional Conservatives is a joke of a solution, if you had the stupidity to suggest that one.

    Hint: This is when you say "When did I ever say that?" And back to zero we go.

    Maybe you should go back to your name calling, I'll meet you there again. What do you say?

  11. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  12. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    10,001
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    You are brainless. You have talked to Canadians who said the prefer their system. I never denied this. It's fact. Most do.

    I post the numbers. I post actual costs. Most Candians don't understand these costs. Even the last guy you bugged said he really doesn't know. It's pretty complex. But many who actually understand the costs still support it. Larhs has a good idea and still prefers their system. I 100% understand that. It's human nature and I'd likely feel the same if I were Canadian.

    Did you hear that last statement. I FULLY understand the costs and other drawbacks to single payer, but I'd likely support it on a state run system if I only had theirs and ours to choose from.

    Did you hear that? Did that sink in?

    I post costs of their system so people can weigh that into their opinions. I also post facts of issues with wait lists and denials of treatment that are at a higher rate than the USA. They do a decent job to mitigate theses issues. They do better than we do with the VA, but it is an issue to weigh when compared to yours and my coverage. And that issue will be as bad or worse with USA single payer. That's an opinion. But it's an opinion that would be nearly impossible to say wouldn't happen.

    So exactly what fact have you or anyone else ever posted that I don't accept? What fact has even any Candian said to you that I dissagree with? Please name just one. I'll wait.

    BTW, I can name a dozen facts you refuse to accept. Costs in Canada are just one.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    OH man, it's The 83 Therapy Hour. I'm not reading that crap. Find another listener. I'm just going to respond to your name calling.

  13. #571
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,475
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You are your own neminsis and I'm not holding you back from anything. Bring your big pipe dream ideas forward because I have not heard them yet. All you have is scapegoats like me to chase around and blame your failures on.

    I asked you before to give your your speech that you would give to the nation to turn our healthcare in the right direction. You had absolutely nothing to say. You can't even talk to your co-workers about the subject because you'd bust a gasket on them.

    You have spent way too much time on this subject to still have no viable solution. Filling the House and Senate with your Constutional Conservatives is a joke of a solution, if you had the stupidity to suggest that one.

    Hint: This is when you say "When did I ever say that?" And back to zero we go.

    Maybe you should go back to your name calling, I'll meet you there again. What do you say?
    I just want to tell you the post like was an accident



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •