Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    The web-site sent clearly say that furnace is multi speed and the wiring diagram shows the 4 different fan speed. So once the Contractor sets the cool and heat speed it will run at that one speed, does not ramp up or down.

Looked more closely at AHRI web-site using a ASX14030 2.5 ton unit you need the CA*F3642 coil not the 3636 coil for a match with any type of furnace. In your case the furnace they quoted the ADS is not a match to the OD unit to ID coil they quoted. But as stated it’s still a match from the OD unit to ID coil only if the coil is CA*F3642 to a ASX14030. Anyway if all that doesn’t bother you, then that’s good.
    Why would you use a 36/42 coil on a 030 outdoor? SEER means nothing in real life, the federal government does not dictate what I install... period.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Why would you use a 36/42 coil on a 030 outdoor? SEER means nothing in real life, the federal government does not dictate what I install... period.
    SEER does not mean nothing in real life, pegmsg reminds me on occasions of that. Need AHRI numbers at the very least for rebates.

Post Likes
    Please make sure to dumb down the language to us lowly homeowners......it helps me learn.

Post Likes
    Promoting SEER over EER always sounded fraudulent to me, but SEER=Rebates=Money

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=fendersrule;25738020]Please make sure to dumb down the language to us lowly homeowners......it helps me

jtrammel was wondering why anyone would pair up a 3 or 3.5 ton evap coil with a 2.5 ton condenser, then questioned the general validity of the SEER system of measuring.

6. Likes jtrammel liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    SEER does not mean nothing in real life, pegmsg reminds me on occasions of that. Need AHRI numbers at the very least for rebates.
    The problem is that homeowners will jump all over the SEER rating because the energy companies, the hvac industry and of course the hvac salesman want them to. The problem comes when the salesman sells a 21 SEER unit to a customer that really needs new ductwork but instead of spending the money on ductwork and 14 SEER they spend it on 21 SEER and their power bill goes up instead of down. Disgraceful but it happens all day every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The problem is that homeowners will jump all over the SEER rating because the energy companies, the hvac industry and of course the hvac salesman want them to. The problem comes when the salesman sells a 21 SEER unit to a customer that really needs new ductwork but instead of spending the money on ductwork and 14 SEER they spend it on 21 SEER and their power bill goes up instead of down. Disgraceful but it happens all day every day.

And theeenn we got the Hacks all day every day installing regular SEER units.

Post Likes
    Most homes I see have ducts drooping, crushed, missing insulation or “sealed” with duct tape that peeled off years ago, all leaking air. Most people here at least would save more money by installing new ducting than installing high efficiency anything.

Post Likes
    If you have any questions about ductwork, get a duct blaster test done. Only way to prove the ducts don't leak, now the test does nothing to address undersized or oversized (very rare) duct systems.

As far as who to hire? IMO, the bigger companies worry a lot about sales, and making them, (hiring sales techs) while still important to the 1 man show, they usually concentrate on quality over quantity. I am a 1 man show, and I lost a bid to a big company, they turned around and subcontracted the install to someone who had no prior relationship to that company. Installed system without doing a load calculation, and they have had the unit serviced constantly as a result. But hey, the salesman has very friendly and knowledgeable, company has A++ BBB rating etc...

Installing the 36/42 coil will actually help dehumidify better plus it will entitle you to any rebates offered by your utility or even tax rebates.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    If you have any questions about ductwork, get a duct blaster test done. Only way to prove the ducts don't leak, now the test does nothing to address undersized or oversized (very rare) duct systems.

As far as who to hire? IMO, the bigger companies worry a lot about sales, and making them, (hiring sales techs) while still important to the 1 man show, they usually concentrate on quality over quantity. I am a 1 man show, and I lost a bid to a big company, they turned around and subcontracted the install to someone who had no prior relationship to that company. Installed system without doing a load calculation, and they have had the unit serviced constantly as a result. But hey, the salesman has very friendly and knowledgeable, company has A++ BBB rating etc...

Installing the 36/42 coil will actually help dehumidify better plus it will entitle you to any rebates offered by your utility or even tax rebates.
    The 36/42 will only dehumidify if airflow is reduced which results in not getting the SEER you pay for. Plus space constraints making duct issues, no bueno.

Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345