Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Britvegas View Post
    I took this video this morning but not sure if it shows enough:
    https://filebin.net/27beinc7wpg17yaf
    Your smaller line looks like it's hitting the metal sleeve that is attached to the residence wall, do not know if it's secured by where it crosses over the other insulated line. May need to move the Liquid line away from the sleeve and secure then secure where it crosses over the other line. Then check all the exposed lineset all the way to the indoor coil and secure together as needed and any penetration coming out of a inside wall for starters then whatever was recommended by others.

Post Likes
    Care to update us? We like to find out what happened...

Post Likes
    My tech wasnt able to come out yesterday. He called and someone was without air and I gave up my appt. No noise again last night. Quiet until 7:40 this morning. Outside air temp was 81. What Ive noticed the last two mornings, though, is that the system turns on and you can hear the noise, but only at about 50% volume. Then, after running for 3 or 4 minutes, the noise turns up to full blast and stays until the cycle is finished.

About 5 minutes after the cycle finished, I turned the air down a few degrees to get it to kick back on. Again, started with the noise at about 50% but then after a couple of minutes it went silent.

With the TVX issue youre speaking of, could that cause noise intermittently while not affecting the cooling?

Post Likes
    It is so hard to say that is why we dont diagnose but only ask questions and make suggestions for folks to talk to their tech servicing them.

It is possible the TXV operational state changes during operation and as the evaporator cools the noise volume increases. They tech should be able to check everything and further isolate the noise to not just a part but a specific operational condition.

Post Likes
    I did not see the unit info, maybe the OP took it down.

Thinking aloud here:

2 year old condenser with R-22, really?

New furnace and coil(per OP).

Why did the indoor coil get replaced(or did it)?

Can you post furnace info and indoor coil info(picture or just type it)?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I thought it was a 2014 system but cannot remember for sure, but regardless it was R-22 for god knows why...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NETWizz View Post
    I thought it was a 2014 system but cannot remember for sure, but regardless it was R-22 for god knows why...
    "...About a month ago we had the furnace and coils in our attic replaced because of a leaking drip pan (and the unit was 23 years old). The condenser outside is two years old..."
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Hey all, sorry for the delay in getting back on. At any rate, it turned out to be a faulty TXV. Apparently when the valve (?) would close to regulate the flow it wasn't seated properly. The system didn't make the noise during the day because the valve is fully open bc it's so hot out. Anyway, replaced it three days ago and not a peep since. Just wanted to circle back around in case anyone had an issue like this in the future.

Also, to answer the questions above, my husband reminded me that we replaced the upstairs condenser in 2015 and the downstairs in 2017. We replaced the coils and furnace in April bc the coil had rusted through the drip pan. We wren't having any issues with the furnace, but decided to replace it at the same time bc they were up in the attic already and the furnace is more than 20 years old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123