I have the dealer installed Bryant Evolution Thermostat (actually installed a second one a couple weeks after the first) that is about three years old. I am very unhappy with the thermostat and looking for an alternate thermostat--I have been told I need this thermostat for the new modulating furnace that was installed at the same time.

WiFi Drops.
I loose the WiFi connection, now almost weekly. When new, it would drop out maybe once every other month. Over the three years, it is happening with increasing frequency. I have replaced my router--no change. I have reset all my SSID settings--no change. I have installed the latest firmware in the thermostat. When I reboot the router, it did reconnect, but now it does not. If I turn the furnace power switch to off for a minute--to reset the system--it would sometimes reconnect, but now it does not. Even though I have complained about this thermostat every year since installed, I'm told it is out of warranty and will cost $$$s to replace.

Settings Not Accepted.
There are times I have done a temperature change and/or profile change from the touch panel on the thermostat. These changes are set with the "HOLD" command. When I come back later to investigate because I don't fee any temperature change in the house--I find the thermostat has ignored my change and HOLD command and gone back to following program.

Remote Changes Not Accepted.
I travel often and so the "normal" program settings need to be modified remotely VERY OFTEN. First, when I test the system by changing the temperature on my phone while standing next to the thermostat, the change can take from 3-6 minutes to be transmitted to the thermostat. AND, about 15% of the time the change is either never sent or never received by the thermostat, so nothing changes. The only way to confirm the change is accepted is to wait about 15-20 minutes for the confirming email. Why does this simple transaction take so long?

In my unformed mind, everything points to a defective thermostat. I am not sure I want to replace something that operates so poorlyfor such a high cost. The dealer keeps pointing to my WiFi signal as the problem--cannot be. I'm connected on the 2.4Ghz channel and I have about 20 other IOT devices (Alexa, AppleTV, iPads, iPhones, Kassa, Cameras, etc.) all operating correctly without drops.

Any and all suggestions graciousness accepted. Thank you.