Post Likes

york furnace problem.

i have a york diamond series furnace model# P2MPD14N08001C and a white rodgers 50A50-241 control board. my problem is we just got alot of rain a few days ago my basement flooded. didnt realize this happened till i heard my furnace blower motor screaming.i was able to shut it off at the thermostat and eventually was able to turn off the breaker for my furnace. i used a sump pump to get the water out of my basement. and then the next couple days i didnt turn my furnace on i used a hair dryer inside where my control board is for about 2 hrs. after that i turned on my furnace and it worked for A/C only thing is i realized my draft inducer motor is also running. and now my furnace will not shut off by thermostat i have to shut it off by breaker box. i noticed when power is on to the furnace i have the control panel door off i push in the safety switch the red led light comes on 1 sec then off. im assuming my control is faulty? or could it be something else. i also found a board 50A55-285 not sure if it will work with my furnace. any help is much appreciated got kids in the house with no A/C lol

Post Likes
    I would call your service tech and have everything inspected.
    We can’t tell you if that board will work or not, as we can’t give diy advice.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    ok thanks

Post Likes
    Better to call the insurance company

Post Likes
    If water gets into a furnace and there is insulation inside the furnace cabinet you just as well replace the furnace. Anything electrical may work now but not last long so what you may collect in insurance won't cover the damages you may have. The other issue is if the water was dirty you could get mold growing inside the furnace in places you may not be able to get to. To add to the grief, if you still have warranty on it the manufacturer often will not honor warranty on flooded equipment as they have no way of knowing how much or what type of water got into the equipment.

Post Likes
    Anything electrical which has gotten wet has to be replaced. Even if it works now, the sediment and moisture will kill it soon.
    You're probably going to be better off replacing the furnace.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."