Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    In the US it's really just one unit that has a knob for ice thickness. Q30. There are no Q20s and the Q45's don't use it like all the other Q's. SM50 uses the same type of ice cycle as the Q30 but you hit a code on the control panel for extra ice time.

The extra water purge time in harvest on every modular Q or something only a few units have if it was a added feature towards the end of the model cycle? I don't think it was something that carried on to the S models.

Post Likes
    itsiceman,you keep talking,I'll keep listening,I'll keep learning,Tks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Yes,the undercounter units have an ice thickness control dial. The "regular" units also have a "dial" in their control board,but, this dial is for controlling the water inlet SV "time on" amount. 15,30,or 45 sec's.
    From the manual posted 45 second purge (factory setting) in the harvest cycle is the only selection that will turn the water valve on for 15 seconds to finish the purge. If someone moves the knob to any other position the water valve will not be energized during the harvest purge. The setting has nothing to do with water fill for ice making. It's there to churn up any leftover crap to send down the pump out drain.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Yes,the undercounter units have an ice thickness control dial. The "regular" units also have a "dial" in their control board,but, this dial is for controlling the water inlet SV "time on" amount. 15,30,or 45 sec's.
    Yes,I agree.I can see that I left out the wording,"during the harvest cycle". For shame!!!!

Post Likes
    But no undercounter machines Q or otherwise have a water level sensor...
    Tisk tisk lol

Post Likes
    Its amazing how much guff they are giving you after all the good advise you have giver over the years.
    The Q models do have a maximum fill time. (Im thinking 3 minutes)
    Watch the water level light on the board. If it shuts off and the light is not lit the problem is water supply. Usually filter or water inlet valve. If the light is on and the trough is not filled to touching the water level probe. Probe is somewhere going to ground. Either remove and clean really well with ice machine cleaner including the mounting screw or replace it and clean the screw.

Post Likes
    The PHM's Q's was answered in the second post!

Post Likes
    But let's keep bumping it with incorrect information guff guff

Post Likes
    The Q machine originally seemed to be doing all kinds of weird things. Of course I was trying to work on 4 machines at the same time too. I had to take notes on each one to keep them straight. <g>

But on the Q800 in question I cleaned it well inside and out, replaced the water inlet valve, reset the bridge thickness properly, and it went right back to flawlessly working.

I did find some interesting things: the water shutoff valve was throttled almost closed. Apparently in response to the water bin overflowing. And despite the fact that it's a W - that actually worked. And who knows for how long before it eventually locked out and they called me? <g> After it came to me why the water shutoff must have been just-cracked I tried it myself - and it would make ice that way. Not great ice - but some-ice anyway. And as a part of that 'repair effort' the thickness screw was adjusted a few turns.

It's funny to me just how experimentally clever some people can be. I can fix the machines so what the maintenance guys did would never have occurred to me. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12