Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223

Thread: Civility

Post Likes
    I'm sure you've noticed how I stay out of the way once the two of you get it going.

I don't even have the time to read those long posts you guys put up. Where you guys find the time in the day to keep writing that stuff? I just skim quickly to verify it's another B vs B post, then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    No Beer don't worry, I'm in my Biblical Last Days with him. I'm handing him off to David if he accepts the challenge.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I'm sure you've noticed how I stay out of the way once the two of you get it going.

I don't even have the time to read those long posts you guys put up. Where you guys find the time in the day to keep writing that stuff? I just skim quickly to verify it's another B vs B post, then move on.
    Totally. I'm starting a new thread now. Hopefully all this can be contained mostly in that one thread.

Post Likes
    Be sure to post the link to your new thread here, that way B vs B can stop on by, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Totally. I'm starting a new thread now. Hopefully all this can be contained mostly in that one thread.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

4. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    No; it doesn't. I would just let them tango on as best they can alone. <g>

Ya, wait til someone on here starts fixating on you. Kinda makes your butt pucker.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Ya, wait til someone on here starts fixating on you. Kinda makes your butt pucker.
    They can't hurt my feelings.. I don't like most people anyways.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    They can't hurt my feelings.. I don't like most people anyways.
    Smart Man! "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." James 4:4
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble".

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    The below post has nothing to do with my beef with GC.
    And I am not GC. Please stop confusing me with him.

Post Likes
    No Beer don't worry, I'm in my Biblical Last Days with him. I'm handing him off to David if he accepts the challenge.
    No thanks...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    MM, your grandiloquent humility reminded me of something CS Lewis wrote.

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man... It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest."

CS Lewis

MM, you leave us all so impressed.

Nice.

Looked up "grandiloquent" and found this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grandiloqu...ages&ia=images

and this:

adjective

speaking or expressed in a lofty style, often to the point of being pompous or bombastic.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/grandiloquent

Heard (or read) the word before but never knew what it meant.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

11. Likes Fender60, davidadavis liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    MM, your grandiloquent humility reminded me of something CS Lewis wrote.

"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man... It is the comparison that makes you proud: the pleasure of being above the rest."

CS Lewis

MM, you leave us all so impressed.
    Hey, you're the one who called me the Rimbaud of ARP, not me. So, it seems you were indeed impressed on at least one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Nice.

Looked up "grandiloquent" and found this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=grandiloqu...ages&ia=images

and this:

adjective

speaking or expressed in a lofty style, often to the point of being pompous or bombastic.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/grandiloquent

Heard (or read) the word before but never knew what it meant.
    So happy to hear you learned a new word, Space. Here's another one you might want to brush up on:

sat·ire
    /ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

In all fairness to the (mostly) smart guys who post in ARP, my satirical posts are chiefly intended to target mental vices rather than individuals themselves. Any actual personal attacks I unleashed in the past were just tit-for-tat responses.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Hey, you're the one who called me the Rimbaud of ARP, not me. So, it seems you were indeed impressed on at least one occasion.

So happy to hear you learned a new word, Space. Here's another one you might want to brush up on:

sat·ire
    /ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

In all fairness to the (mostly) smart guys who post in ARP, my satirical posts are chiefly intended to target mental vices rather than individuals themselves. Any actual personal attacks I unleashed in the past were just tit-for-tat responses.

My post was not about you, Mad; nor was it directed at you. It was about the meaning of the word and the nifty cartoons I found on duckduckgo. I like them so much that I plan to revisit the page from time to time. Since I found it so interesting, I thought others might enjoy it, as well.

My other intention was to disrupt the ongoing conversation and get recent commenters to reflect on their own states of gandiloquence.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

14. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    My post was not about you, Mad; nor was it directed at you. It was about the meaning of the word and the nifty cartoons I found on duckduckgo. I like them so much that I plan to revisit the page from time to time. Since I found it so interesting, I thought others might enjoy it, as well.

My other intention was to disrupt the ongoing conversation and get recent commenters to reflect on their own states of gandiloquence.
    Got no problem with any of that, but your post was a direct response to Hugh's post, and his (not exactly kind) post was in turn aimed squarely at me. What's a grandly eloquent man to think?

(See what I did there?)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Got no problem with any of that, but your post was a direct response to Hugh's post, and his (not exactly kind) post was in turn aimed squarely at me. What's a grandly eloquent man to think?

(See what I did there?)
    MM, you seem to have reformed. Perhaps the Lewis quote played a part in that.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223