Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Civility

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    In your post above this one..you stated it is not directed at the mods.. but yet you direct your post to a mod.
    I have read your complaints...and sifting through it you are merely taking the long way of saying "I wanna see some conservatives in trouble"
    All of us here have lead way and freedom in one great forum here...and now you are groveling to change it.
    The men involved are already over it..have given each other internet hand shakes and are over it...while you have been drowning in your emotions all day they already had a virtual six pack and are happy..Go check it out for yourself.Be happy for the happiness of others my friend... A new set of emotions has been waiting for you all your life....what are you waiting for?
    OMG, read into things much?

Listen, if ya'll don't want to change that's fine. I am just telling you that to an outside reader conservatives (and more importantly, maybe HVAC professionals) come across very poorly on ARP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    OMG, read into things much?

Listen, if ya'll don't want to change that's fine. I am just telling you that to an outside reader conservatives (and more importantly, maybe HVAC professionals) come across very poorly on ARP.
    The reason we come across poorly is the conversations themselves...arguing with a liberal..
    Why should it even have to be done?
    Did you know that children can now have sex change operations without any participation from the parent...the fact is the schools instruct the child to hide it from the parent...the school sets it all up...and turns Bob into Betty ...even if you get wind there is nothing you can do.
    Black lives matter...An obvious effort by the democratic party to racially divide the country based upon 'good' shootings...you guys flunked badly..there were some bad shootings but they were never part of the movement.. all the shootings of the movement were based on good shootings....they never even had to inject a bad shooting in the event the charade started to fall apart.
    Let Iran go nuke capable
    Hillary held VIP seats for terrorist families at events...she was never forced to offer an explanation...you guys failed again.
    Gave Iran a load of cash...not a peep
    Flooded us with Muslims..no objections.
    Barred the term Islamic terrorist from govt documents.
    Benghazi cover up... Democrats didn't care...hand fed Americans to Muslims and ordered a stand down.
    Private Server by the secretary of state...after the Clinton's have already been in trouble for it before.
    DNC private servers hacked as well.. all whilst the FBI told them they were being hacked rather than arresting those responsible.
    Countless secrets obtained by many nations
    The attempted destruction of the data in those servers when directed to hand them over...when ideally the doors should have been kicked in.
    The FBI and CIA have become politicized by questionable appointees.
    Child discipline removed at school.
    Parents can no longer can whip a child when needed.
    Value of human life disregarded in school teachings.
    Birth control furnished by schools for ten year olds with instructions to hide it from parents.
    People killing each other over nothing as the system takes control of our children.
    I could go on for pages...but this should be enough.
    How do you people not see what is going on?
    Yeah you guys flunked...or as the democratic leaders would say... passed
    Rational discussion went out the window long ago obviously.
    People NEED to see the obvious rejection by normal folks in regard to liberals.
    You people vote....look at what you guys have done....by the time you guys get it ....it will be too late..may already be too late

Edit.. add content.
    Here you go Davida .
    A drag show in a govt building have kids in drag on stage... Complete with money tossing... Govt sponsered.
    This teaches the kids how to go to queer strip clubs and what to do once they get there... Ain't a dam thing anyone can do about it.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/si...ls-performers/
    Last edited by Missouri Guy; 06-16-2019 at 04:47 AM.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    OMG x2... and what does all that stuff have to do with treating fellow ARP/HVAC members with civility? Especially since I don't remember anyone advocating that stuff on ARP. Hilarious really...

Post Likes
    OMG x2... and what does all that stuff have to do with treating fellow ARP/HVAC members with civility? Especially since I don't remember anyone advocating that stuff on ARP. Hilarious really...
    When you vote democrat...you advocate it...you guys are obviously fine with it.
    You see the damage that is already done...The Democrats need cycled out for about 20 years so the craziness will not grow ...and that is at a minimum.. Supreme Court needs cleansed..this happens by old age and death..No more appointees by Democrats.
    You people are even voting in Radical Muslims into Congress...Or are you?
    Recently it has been uncovered of massive voter fraud..and nothing happens to those responsible.
    Have you also noticed that we can't question whether a Muslim or not white won legitimately..because that makes us racist..sexist.. phobic...blah blah blah.

Post Likes
    I agree, but wrong is wrong. I could see altering the "punishment" so to speak, like just giving a warning. If we look at Glen's post, from the very beginning I said I knew he was joking (not because of the "lol" but because I have gotten to know him via ARP and met him in real life and agree about him being a man of high character). However, if you look simply at the words in his post... he should be called out for it. Maybe just a.. "hey, you might want to watch your wording." Imagine the response I would have gotten if I had posted the same directed at a conservative poster?
    I think you'd be surprised at who here has been privately warned or sanctioned. We only do it publicly when necessary. Even on of the ARPC members has been given points before.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    I think you'd be surprised at who here has been privately warned or sanctioned. We only do it publicly when necessary. Even on of the ARPC members has been given points before.
    I can understand the confusion, but this thread has nothing to do with Mods... it is about regular members, and honestly about regular members who have not been named here. And generally the impression ARP would give casual readers about HVAC professionals.

Post Likes
    I can understand the confusion, but this thread has nothing to do with Mods... it is about regular members, and honestly about regular members who have not been named here. And generally the impression ARP would give casual readers about HVAC professionals.
    Name em.
    And what is it that you object to that the casual reader will see...and what are the topics that lead to it ..what are what are the responses prior from the Democrats which lead up to the responses from the Republicans that you do not want people to see

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=davidadavis;25731990]Tool, if I didn't make it clear enough, this thread has literally nothing to do with Mods. I think you guys do a good job, and I agree that you should err on the side of non-involvement.

This thread is about how conservative posters jump all over liberals for little crap... but either let slide, or actively defend conservatives who behave much worse. Consider your advise to Mad to be more friendly (and I do agree with the advise)... but can you not think of a conservative poster who behaves very much like Mad? Why doesn't that poster get the same advise?[/QUOTE]

They do buddy!!!! Remember, our forum is probably 80/20 cons/libs,... I warn the cons more often than I warn the libs. Not because one camp behaves worse than the other, and personal bias can be ruled out me being a con, it's just a numerical/statistical fact on the forum.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Can someone take Davidadavis a beer please.

Post Likes

I can take care of myself thanks.
    davisgeorgia.com
    Professional Heat Relocation Systems Analyst

Post Likes
    Sorry, most of our posters here are conservative. HVAC repairmen, we just tend to be that way politically.

generally the impression ARP would give casual readers about HVAC professionals.

Well, any conservative-minded casual readers would be highly impressed with our values and patriotism.

If it pees off some liberals, none of us could CARE LESS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

And that, is 'the rest of the story'. per P.H.

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

Post Likes
    I'll do it - where's he live?

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Is that a Ralph Steadman drawing on that label?

I can take care of myself thanks.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    If only conservative views were posted in ARP I would probably leave and not return out of pure boredom. I look forward to the back and forth arguemts between various views. It makes me refine my own position or occasionally change it totally. Face it, argumentation is fun and wordsmithing is fun and educational. Free speech is essential to a democracy or a republic. I worry about losing the Bill Of Rights.

ARP serves an important purpose. And, we need to see that it remains open to all views. That said, we can disagree and express out (sometimes highly emotional) opinions and positions and do so civilly. Light personal insults can add humor to exchanges however, drawing the line is not always clearly identifiable.

Frankly, what I hate is a total lack of humility on the behalf of a poster. That is not an offence but rather a poor personality trait and generally reduces the poster's reputation which is it's own punishment.

I am glad ARP is alive and well! In my opinion, if the far left ran it, it would be censored or at least more highly moderated. Like is apparently going on with You Tube and other social media.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

16. Likes Special-K, Missouri Guy, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    If only conservative views were posted in ARP I would probably leave and not return out of pure boredom.
    ^^This x1000

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I'll do it - where's he live?
    Looks like he has already got one .. I haven't seen that brand before... Might be a local brew.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    If only conservative views were posted in ARP I would probably leave and not return out of pure boredom. I look forward to the back and forth arguemts between various views. It makes me refine my own position or occasionally change it totally. Face it, argumentation is fun and wordsmithing is fun and educational. Free speech is essential to a democracy or a republic. I worry about losing the Bill Of Rights.

ARP serves an important purpose. And, we need to see that it remains open to all views. That said, we can disagree and express out (sometimes highly emotional) opinions and positions and do so civilly. Light personal insults can add humor to exchanges however, drawing the line is not always clearly identifiable.

Frankly, what I hate is a total lack of humility on the behalf of a poster. That is not an offence but rather a poor personality trait and generally reduces the poster's reputation which is it's own punishment.

I am glad ARP is alive and well! In my opinion, if the far left ran it, it would be censored or at least more highly moderated. Like is apparently going on with You Tube and other social media.
    Great post..we feel the same but you nailed it with the keyboard

Post Likes
    I am one who is a bit abrasive at times and will lash back, and that offends some folks. However, the guys I tangle with are far more offensive than I am with flat out name calling. What I wonder is if you guys on the Right are as offended when they do it to me as when I do it back?

IOW, I see a biased acceptance of that rudeness.

21. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I am one who is a bit abrasive at times and will lash back, and that offends some folks. However, the guys I tangle with are far more offensive than I am with flat out name calling. What I wonder is if you guys on the Right are as offended when they do it to me as when I do it back?

Rudeness is easier accepted from your own camp. Left or Right, same difference.

Why in the heck are you guys having a problem with this????

Melting snowflakes?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Brian, I accept you and your opinion as well reasoned and I am glad to see you post here in ARP. I mostly disagree with your position but am always glad to read and consider your point of view. You are one of those who help me refine my own position.

I don't think I have called you names, at least not seriously. In a past administration I was on the side of taking the flack from those politically on the winning side. That is, I had to suffer under the Obama administration and take what was dished out at me when I was on the losing end of the election process. I had to take and live with my loss and live under the governmental regulations I opposed. I learned to live with that. I did not become violent, did not even take part in protests and never even got nasty with my democrat opponents.

Now that I am on the winning side as a Trump supporter I expect the same civility from the democrats. How is it that I actually have to think twice before I step outside of my home wearing a Trump 2020 hat? How is it that I have to consider my personal safety as well as that of my family when wearing a symbol of my support for a republican candidate?

Brian, you are not all that abrasive, in my opinion. Given how outnumbered you seem to be by conservatives, I would say you contain yourself quite well.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast