Post Likes

My 1 ton Panasonic Window AC

hi,
    i have recently bought a used Panasonic window ac of 1 ton. The issue is that its compressor is going off when the room starts cooling. As soon as the room starts cooling the compressor goes off to the fan mode and as a result the room doesn't remain cool at all. I have tried adjusting the thermostat to both the lowest i.e 1 and the highest i.e, 10. but on both the same thing happens. Is there a way i can keep the compressor working for longer time to cool the room?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsanansari View Post
    hi,
    i have recently bought a used Panasonic window ac of 1 ton. The issue is that its compressor is going off when the room starts cooling. As soon as the room starts cooling the compressor goes off to the fan mode and as a result the room doesn't remain cool at all. I have tried adjusting the thermostat to both the lowest i.e 1 and the highest i.e, 10. but on both the same thing happens. Is there a way i can keep the compressor working for longer time to cool the room?
    Hello and Welcome: As a homeowner, you have done all you can by lowering the thermostat set point. Now since this does not cure the problem, i suggest you return the unit where you purchased it.

PS: As far as what could cause this problem goes, there are many, and a bad thermostat is just one of them. If for any reason you cannot return or exchange this unit under warranty, I suggest you call a trained hvac tech out, and have he or she troubleshoot, and repair it onsite. Good Luck !

Post Likes
    New AC is only a $$ bucks , just buy a new one
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-15-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.

This may be the reason it was for sale.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?