Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Small town poverty is the dreariest kind there is. At least in the city, there can be an ambience of excitement and a dream of upward mobility.

Romanticizing the simple townfolk, huh, vin? I always sensed you were a nostalgic, sentimental type...but romanticizing a $13,000 per capita income is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Personally, I have nothing against the simple life. On the contrary, I'm currently making strides towards attaining it for myself. You might be surprised to hear it, but I have worked and lived on farms on two occasions in my life, and I plan to have a crack at it again in the not too distant future, but this time on my own property.
    The point is that these 'small-towners' may not see things the way you do. Fulfillment and happiness can be found in any circumstances, if one understands that the circumstances aren't the source. Those who 'build' on circumstances build on sand.

Good luck with your move. NM (the parts I've seen) is a beautiful state. Will you be in the west or east?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. These men were voted in to their position by men and women of the town. The only way the Left can live with themselves is through out & out lies or self-deception.
    It's amazing how much the media lies.

So Trump is working on helping ex-inmates stay out of jail. Not sure the details of the plan yet or even if there are details just yet. But the media is already saying this isn't a big deal. It's something any president could have done. It's no big deal. Nothing to see here. He's still a racist.

Why is it so impossible to have a media that isn't incredibly far left? It's always been. But it's off the cliff left now.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    The point is that these 'small-towners' may not see things the way you do. Fulfillment and happiness can be found in any circumstances, if one understands that the circumstances aren't the source. Those who 'build' on circumstances build on sand.

Good luck with your move. NM (the parts I've seen) is a beautiful state. Will you be in the west or east?
    Very wise words from you, vin. And thanks for the well-wishing.

Northern New Mexico, in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, the name of which I will soon campaign to change to Sangre de Pagano.

LOL....just kidding.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post

So Trump is working on helping ex-inmates stay out of jail. Not sure the details of the plan yet or even if there are details just yet. But the media is already saying this isn't a big deal. It's something any president could have done. It's no big deal. Nothing to see here. He's still a racist.

Why is it so impossible to have a media that isn't incredibly far left? It's always been. But it's off the cliff left now.
    Journalism (term used loosely regarding today's Journalism) is part of the Liberal Arts. And, let's face it, most colleges these days major in Liberal Indoctrination at best, brainwashing at worst.

The Media's priority these days is 'Get Trump!'. They should be professionally ashamed, but I think that ability has been diminished for quite some time. It went completely off the table in 2016, i.e., they lost their marbles (why do I picture Morning Joek and Mika when I say that?)
    Last edited by vin lashon; 06-13-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Post Likes
    Well, Journalism (term used loosely regarding today's Journalism) is part of the Liberal Arts. And, let's face it, most colleges these days major in Liberal Indoctrination at best, brainwashing at worst.

The Media's priority these days is 'Get Trump!'. They should be professionally ashamed, but I think that ability has been diminished for quite some time. It went completely off the table in 2016, i.e., they lost their marbles (why do I picture Morning Joek and Mika when I say that?)
    By the way...do you know what else falls under the umbrella of 'liberal arts'?....Religious studies.

But no one gets indoctrinated or brainwashed in that area, right?!

Post Likes
    Very wise words from you, vin. And thanks for the well-wishing.

Northern New Mexico, in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, the name of which I will soon campaign to change to Sangre de Pagano.

LOL....just kidding.
    Beautiful country. I've been in the Rockies many times, but never made it that far south. I've also been in NM many times, but again, not there. No need to rename the mountain range. You'll probably become known as the Pagano Ranchero in no time.

Post Likes
    By the way...do you know what else falls under the umbrella of 'liberal arts'?....Religious studies.

Religion mostly has nothing to do with God.

Post Likes
    Religion mostly has nothing to do with God.
    To the contrary, Brother Mart-vin Luther.

Inauthentic religion has nothing to do with God. Authentic religion has everything to do with God.

Post Likes

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Have you ever seen a dumber media...

Post Likes
    To the contrary, Brother Mart-vin Luther.

Inauthentic religion has nothing to do with God. Authentic religion has everything to do with God.
    'Authentic religion' is called 'Relationship'.

Post Likes
    'Authentic religion' is called 'Relationship'.
    Maybe so...in your neck of the spiritual woods, but not mine. I mean, if journalism is defined as the coverage of news, why can't we say that theology/religious studies is the journalism of 'spiritual news'?

Post Likes

But journalism is supposed to be unbiased. That's one of the main goals and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Post Likes
    But journalism is supposed to be unbiased. That's one of the main goals and it couldn't be further from the truth.
    Yes, in the pursuit of the factual truth, journalism should be unbiased. But, likewise, in the pursuit of spiritual truth, theology should be unbiased.

I will of course admit, the general state of journalism is pretty terrible right now, on account of all the respective biases and corruption, but only a fool would deny the same charge against the general state of religion, with its comparable toxic mishmosh of biases and corruption.

CNN vs Fox News....Religion X vs Religion Y....what's the difference? They're all contaminated with self-righteousness and ideological biases.

14. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast