Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes

    Ultra Aire UA XT155H installers

    Trying to find someone experienced in my area ( MI 48323 ) to go over and install Ultra Aire UA XT155H whole house dehumidifier.

    Made a few phone calls - no luck, either they using only their brands or don't do a whole house dehumidification at all..

    Any recommendations for the local, reliable HVAC contractors are very welcome.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    9,090
    Post Likes
    Recommendation is
    NOT " Local " IMO.

    OR
    Can you pay 3 HOUR round trip travel time?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

    Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Well, if the total install price is right, why not..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SW FL
    Posts
    9,090
    Post Likes
    https://www.thermastor.com/how-to-purchase/

    TRY THIS FIRST,
    I would hate to set you back
    a Rather Large Fee
    ____ $,$$$.11

    Right to me, could be Insanely Ridiculous for you.
    Locale makes it An ALL DAY job.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

    Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    [QUOTE=dan sw fl;25730398]https://www.thermastor.com/how-to-purchase/

    TRY THIS FIRST,
    I would hate to set you back
    a Rather Large Fee
    ____ $,$$$.11


    I've tried a few recommendations from Therma Stor - either they didn't reply or use Aiprilaire/Lennox dehu.

    Will see if someone appears..

    Meanwhile, you can "ballpark" me in PM, if you want.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    39,871
    Post Likes
    The Godfather of whole house dehumidifiers is a member here, he'll be along shortly...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The Godfather of whole house dehumidifiers is a member here, he'll be along shortly...
    Talking about Teddy Bear? He helped me with answering some questions, which I'm really grateful!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Madison, WI/Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    9,398
    Post Likes
    This is fine kittle of fish. May be it is time to lower your standards. If you can a good contractor to install a lessor dehumidifier correctly, it would be better than times of high humidity.
    Or here is a better idea. If your basement is a big part of your home, locating the Ultra-Aire in the basement with Ultra-Aire return connected to the a/c return will draw air from the home and blow dry air into the basement space. An open stairwell or a vent into the main floor makes a simple install that any a/c tech can make in an a couple hours and will work. This warms the basement a few degrees and circulate house air via the a/c return through the dehumidifier through the basement up through the home to a/c returns. For circulation, run the dehu fan 2/7, 350 cfm. I did this on my house for a few years and worked well. Simple and effective.
    You will be able to find a tech to do this for big bucks per hour but not many hours.
    Another thought, your original installer of your a/c should be eager to make his a/c keep your home 50%RH throughout the summer. When he realizes he can not, he should be willing to install the Ultra-Aire when you offer to pay for the unit and the install to solve a problem that he could not.
    Two wins, he fixed your problem and he see a method to provide constant 50% through a deluxe home. That is how many of our really good contractors learn about the whole house dehumidifier.
    I just could not leave without any options. Sometimes finding a good contractor is the biggest problem. Thanks again.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    This is fine kittle of fish. May be it is time to lower your standards. If you can a good contractor to install a lessor dehumidifier correctly, it would be better than times of high humidity.
    Or here is a better idea. If your basement is a big part of your home, locating the Ultra-Aire in the basement with Ultra-Aire return connected to the a/c return will draw air from the home and blow dry air into the basement space. An open stairwell or a vent into the main floor makes a simple install that any a/c tech can make in an a couple hours and will work. This warms the basement a few degrees and circulate house air via the a/c return through the dehumidifier through the basement up through the home to a/c returns. For circulation, run the dehu fan 2/7, 350 cfm. I did this on my house for a few years and worked well. Simple and effective.
    You will be able to find a tech to do this for big bucks per hour but not many hours.
    Another thought, your original installer of your a/c should be eager to make his a/c keep your home 50%RH throughout the summer. When he realizes he can not, he should be willing to install the Ultra-Aire when you offer to pay for the unit and the install to solve a problem that he could not.
    Two wins, he fixed your problem and he see a method to provide constant 50% through a deluxe home. That is how many of our really good contractors learn about the whole house dehumidifier.
    I just could not leave without any options. Sometimes finding a good contractor is the biggest problem. Thanks again.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Thanks Bear! You are right about "Sometimes finding a good contractor is the biggest problem" ....

    Still on the road of finding someone local.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    An update: found a contractor, UA XT155H and all accessories ordered and shipped, ready to be installed next week.

    Will keep you posted with the first hand experience.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Madison, WI/Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    9,398
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by medveszonok View Post
    An update: found a contractor, UA XT155H and all accessories ordered and shipped, ready to be installed next week.

    Will keep you posted with the first hand experience.
    Congrats! Mile stone number 1 & 2. Selecting a good whole house dehu, the Ultra-Air and getting a (good).

    Now for number 3. A good installation.
    Starts with optimizing your a/c for ideal moisture removal. Ideally we want your a/c to be a partner in maintaining your desired condition. I going say, 75^F, 50%RH, a 55^F dew point. The a/c should be able supply air that is dry enough to maintain the 55^F dew point during a +50% a/c cycle when occupied and getting a fresh air change in 4-5 hours. This translates having your a/c tech setup the your a/c to deliver about a 48-50^F dew point air to the home while cooling. This will get your a/c removing +3 lbs. of moisture per hour per ton of cooling. Your a/c is now a full partner is keeping your home dry throughout most weather conditions you encounter. If your tech needs some help on this, we can support him.
    Duct connections are also critical. The optimum connection of the dehumidifier to the home is from the open space of the home to the dehumidifier return. Also the fresh air is connected to return of the dehu. There is Mer 13 filter in the dehu. The fresh air and house air are mixed, filtered and blown through the dehu into the a/c supply. The circulation is throughout the home via a/c supply and back to the open part of the home to the dehumidifier. The %RH sensor is located in the open part of the on an interior wall. Condensate drain must be trapped.
    The rest of this should be exciting. You should a healthy, comfortable home and we will have an installing contractor.
    Keep us posted. There many slip between the mug and the lip.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Congrats! Mile stone number 1 & 2. Selecting a good whole house dehu, the Ultra-Air and getting a (good).

    Now for number 3. A good installation.
    Starts with optimizing your a/c for ideal moisture removal. Ideally we want your a/c to be a partner in maintaining your desired condition. I going say, 75^F, 50%RH, a 55^F dew point. The a/c should be able supply air that is dry enough to maintain the 55^F dew point during a +50% a/c cycle when occupied and getting a fresh air change in 4-5 hours. This translates having your a/c tech setup the your a/c to deliver about a 48-50^F dew point air to the home while cooling. This will get your a/c removing +3 lbs. of moisture per hour per ton of cooling. Your a/c is now a full partner is keeping your home dry throughout most weather conditions you encounter. If your tech needs some help on this, we can support him.
    Duct connections are also critical. The optimum connection of the dehumidifier to the home is from the open space of the home to the dehumidifier return. Also the fresh air is connected to return of the dehu. There is Mer 13 filter in the dehu. The fresh air and house air are mixed, filtered and blown through the dehu into the a/c supply. The circulation is throughout the home via a/c supply and back to the open part of the home to the dehumidifier. The %RH sensor is located in the open part of the on an interior wall. Condensate drain must be trapped.
    The rest of this should be exciting. You should a healthy, comfortable home and we will have an installing contractor.
    Keep us posted. There many slip between the mug and the lip.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Just installed UA XT155H. Today will try to play with adjusting AC and Dehu to maintain the proper performance.

    Teddy Bear, my installer will have a few professional questions to you. Will you be available later today by phone (if you post it here or privately) to help us out and answer those questions? I'll REALLY appreciate your help!!

    Thanks again, Teddy Bear.
    Mike

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Madison, WI/Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    9,398
    Post Likes
    The home stretch!
    Here is what I would like to have do.
    Call justin 1800 533 7533. You and your install ask him the questions. If you still need to talk to me after that, ask justin for my cell number. I will be out today, but reachable. Also leave your number with Justin.
    Thanks again for your support and trust.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •