Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I may have an idea. To start with, do you have the Aaon Service tool with SD card? It's actually from Watt Master and is part OE391-12.

If you do, plug up to the controller directly and use the handheld to change the exact same point you're trying from a PC or laptop. Does it still alarm?

I have found that even when Aaon says a point is writable in their VCCX-2 manual some just won't accept changes. Other points cause a conflict in the controller and it responds with an alarm.

I had a similar problem but my changes made the unit change mode from Cooling to fan only, and required a power cycle to go back to normal.

If it is possible, make your software changes at the rooftop unit so you can look at the screen and see exactly what point write causes the failure.

Post Likes
    Hey guys. Long time following this forum first time posting. I saw this topic and it has been a pet peeves of mine. ALC discovery will not discover on AAON. I have a feeling it has something to do with segmentation that needs to be modified in the server.properties. We use YABE for discovery and after we get the list the integration itself works fine.

Post Likes
    xnigelx, back in previous replies in this thread they covered your issue. I tried BACnet discovery with Carrier and had the problem you are experiencing. Since i-Vu is modeled after WebCTRL, the problem is the same. It looks like the ALC and Carrier product won't do an automatic BACnet discovery of the Aaon points, but third-party programs like YABE or BACnet Discovery Tool have no issue.

As long as you have the points list with the exact names that Aaon provides, you can manually create a control program to integrate. It would be nice if ALC or Carrier could automate the process and speed up our work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    xnigelx, back in previous replies in this thread they covered your issue. I tried BACnet discovery with Carrier and had the problem you are experiencing. Since i-Vu is modeled after WebCTRL, the problem is the same. It looks like the ALC and Carrier product won't do an automatic BACnet discovery of the Aaon points, but third-party programs like YABE or BACnet Discovery Tool have no issue.

As long as you have the points list with the exact names that Aaon provides, you can manually create a control program to integrate. It would be nice if ALC or Carrier could automate the process and speed up our work.
    I've been in process of figuring out how to get it resolved. Problem is every AAON job we get end up being a rush job so I don't get much time to play. I probably just need to find a controller I can play with. I would be curious to see if the OFVI from ALC would have better luck as it uses a different discovery. Once we can figure out what WC/IVue do differently than 3rd party, it can be pushed to R&D for resolution.

Sorry I missed the early post.

Post Likes
    Come to think of it I did run across some AAON units that wouldn't discover in ALC a short while back. Same issue, controllers discovered fine and points would not discover. Thought I had a message about RPM vs single though? Thing is I just moved on to either BQT or YABE and got discovery there. Once I saw the controllers themselves had no issues binding to points on the AAON units I needed to move on. Thing is WebCTRL discovery doesn't actually matter at all, it's just a tool to help you find stuff.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Come to think of it I did run across some AAON units that wouldn't discover in ALC a short while back. Same issue, controllers discovered fine and points would not discover. Thought I had a message about RPM vs single though? Thing is I just moved on to either BQT or YABE and got discovery there. Once I saw the controllers themselves had no issues binding to points on the AAON units I needed to move on. Thing is WebCTRL discovery doesn't actually matter at all, it's just a tool to help you find stuff.
    This is true but I am a glutton for information and I need to know WHY it is able to bind and read the values but not bind to discover. I am absolutely sure there is something in the system.properties that can be tweaked to make it work. Curious what Wireshark would look like.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xnigelx View Post
    This is true but I am a glutton for information and I need to know WHY it is able to bind and read the values but not bind to discover. I am absolutely sure there is something in the system.properties that can be tweaked to make it work. Curious what Wireshark would look like.
    Were you ever able to find out anything about this?

Post Likes
    Haven't run into one in a while to do any tests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12