Post Likes

Basic static pressure/manometer question

When checking static pressure my manometer gives the “supply” side as a negative pressure. I have seen to just ignore this and add the return and supply to get total static pressure. Why even have the negative than, what does it mean?

I would thing return side would be negative since that is the side that is pulling, and supply is pushing.

Post Likes
    switch you hoses around. your using the supply as a reference and the manometer is telling you that the room is negative compared to the supply.
    "The only way in which a human being can make some approach to knowing the whole of a subject is by hearing what can be said about it by persons of every variety of opinion and studying all modes in which it it can be looked at by every character of mind.
    No wise man ever acquired his wisdom in any mode but this."
    John Stuart Mill

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tlj000 View Post
    switch you hoses around. your using the supply as a reference and the manometer is telling you that the room is negative compared to the supply.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    That’s what I’ve thought but I used the hoses where the ap (CPS) to,d me to use them. My co workers does the same thing.

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Likes KeyResults liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye88 View Post
    That’s what I’ve thought but I used the hoses where the ap (CPS) to,d me to use them. My co workers does the same thing.
    Are you using the app for the SPM100?

Those are reversed, have been since day one. I sent them an email, but even in the updated app, no change.

Return on negative port
    Supply on positive port
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Yes that’s what I’m using. I figured it was an error on their side, just surprised it never got fixed.