Post Likes

Carrier Infinity Thermostat - Occupancy Sensor sucks

It is not really sensitive is it? It keeps switching to AWAY when there is someone in the house.
    This is a problem in summer when it shuts off the AC when it thinks some one is AWAY but actually is not.
    Should have a microphone or something.
    I have disabled it when I know someone i going to be home for the day. But it's a hassle.

Anyone else have better luck with it?

Currently for summer, I have it set at 78 for Wake, Home and Sleep, and 80 for Away, so the temps don't get to much out of control while someone is still in the house.

There is little comfort in this feature when it can't tell if someone is home or not.
    It is also very slow to react when you are moving just a few feet in front of it.

Good feature, but very poor implementation!!

Post Likes
    Not a good idea to have large swings in temperature with a heat pump. Basically set it and forget it!

Post Likes
    Yeah but we got expensive electricity here and 2 degrees is not a big swing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elefantrider View Post
    and virtually no savings!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elefantrider View Post
    That’s likely enough to trigger backup heat in the winter, depending on what deadband is.
    Which will quickly raise your electric bill.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    The Infinity t-stat does not have an occupancy sensor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The Infinity t-stat does not have an occupancy sensor.
    Yes, the newest touchscreen does.

I disable them and don't inform the customer. They are "free" to discover it on their own. It's not that difficult to disable/enable.

there was/is another poster that reported the same issue with maintaining program settings. The sensor was disabled and I think the problem has been resolved.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    The occupancy sensor should only be enabled when the space it controls is all one large area that all areas are visible by the sensor. It's like a lot of other "bells and whistles" on high end digital thermostats these days, each option needs to be evaluated if it fits your situation or not and if it doesn't then it should be disabled.

In your case, have the occupancy sensor disabled and just use the programmable feature.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    Good to know. Thanks.