Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bay saint louis ms
    Posts
    21
    Post Likes

    Confused Manitowoc board price difference

    I was wondering why the price on the Q model circuit board is so much higher than the B and S models It does not look like there is much difference.They do the same thing. I can’t see .00 Can any one tell me the best place to buy one? This is crazy I will take a used one if any one has got one
    Last edited by Dad; 06-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    30,727
    Post Likes
    I want pics if you make one, and I first picked up a soldering iron in 1963.....
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist
    Member, IAEI

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,148
    Post Likes
    Is that where you got that scar?

    PHM
    -------


    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I want pics if you make one, and I first picked up a soldering iron in 1963.....
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,148
    Post Likes
    How sure are you that it is the board? It has been my experience that they very seldom fail.

    I might have some used boards - I used to salvage them out of being-replaced units.

    In fact; now that I'm thinking about it - the last one I changed out was a big Q model in a huge catering kitchen.

    PHM
    ---------


    Quote Originally Posted by Mars65 View Post
    I was wondering why the price on the Q model circuit board is so much higher than the B and S models It does not look like there is much difference.They do the same thing. I can’t see .00 Can any one tell me the best place to buy one? This is crazy I will take a used one if any one has got one
    Last edited by Dad; 06-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Citrus County, Florida
    Posts
    2,925
    Post Likes
    Those ice-wash switches fail a lot of the times...not the boards
    Doug

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    LEHIGH VALLEY, PA
    Posts
    647
    Post Likes
    I reckon the model age has a lot to do with Manitowoc pricing , the older the model the more expensive the part

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    maroon lazyboy
    Posts
    2,581
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Those ice-wash switches fail a lot of the times...not the boards
    Just had one today, touched the wires near the switch and the machine would Suddenly stop, then begin a new cycle.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    30,727
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Is that where you got that scar?

    PHM
    -------
    Funny you asked...

    I got the scar in 1992 while putting a tire chain on a big Cat wheel loader. Something snapped and I got whacked in the chin with the chain. I had a beard then, and I held a wet paper towel on my chin until the bleeding stopped, and didn't give it a second thought until I started flying, and I had to shave to allow the O2 mask to seal, That's when I found the scar....
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist
    Member, IAEI

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,644
    Post Likes
    They use all the same type of components. Maybe a plug or two might need to be spliced but you could probably make a S in the Q work.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,644
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    I reckon the model age has a lot to do with Manitowoc pricing , the older the model the more expensive the part
    He's saying the older B is cheaper than the Q

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bay saint louis ms
    Posts
    21
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    The reason I know the board is bad it went under water in Katrina I got 240 volts I the plug of the board. No light due to corrosion has leds about to fall off.The plate is in excellent shape the compressor fan motor and pump come on by pushing contactor in. This machine has been sitting up for 15 years. Poodle Mike how much and how do you want to handle the transaction

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    22,093
    Post Likes
    If that board was damaged 15 years ago due to salt water the rest of the unit should be shot by now also!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,148
    Post Likes
    Salt water immersion deep enough to get the board?

    What does the mold plate look like?

    And the fan motor and solenoid coils are good?

    I'll have to look for the boards. I have been scrambling and screaming that I can't find anything already - so it might be a bit of a battle.

    What I need more than anything but cash is a large dumpster. Maybe this is the time for it. <g>

    Does your bank use Zelle? I just got some US-only rifle sights for a guy in Canada and that's how he got me the money.

    PHM
    ----------


    Quote Originally Posted by Mars65 View Post
    The reason I know the board is bad it went under water in Katrina I got 240 volts I the plug of the board. No light due to corrosion has leds about to fall off.The plate is in excellent shape the compressor fan motor and pump come on by pushing contactor in. This machine has been sitting up for 15 years. Poodle Mike how much and how do you want to handle the transaction
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •