Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by humidorlando View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for all your help. Looks like we're going to replace the entire system and go with a Trane 4TWR6060H1000A condenser and a Trane TEM6A0C60H51SB air handler. Since it's a 5 ton system we will only get 14.75 Seer even though Trane markets 'up to 17 seer'. The sales rep says it costs MUCH more to go up to the XR17 system and isn't worth bothering with two-stage. When I asked how much more, he said they buy the XR16s in bulk and again...not worth it. Won't give me a straight answer! Not sure what to make of that but either way we need to make a decision soon. If you want to chime in please do so. Thanks again!

That combination is actually a 15seer AHRI# 8858393

Tell them you want a price on a TEM6A0C60H51/4TWR7060A1
    itís a 2 stage 16.25 SEER. AHRI 8928974

Like pecmsg said. Most of the time you are oversized.

The 2 stage will give you BETTER comfort and more energy savings.

If he wonít give you a straight answer. Get another quote. Find someone that will do a manual j, d, s!!!

2. Likes humidorlando liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch0311 View Post
    That combination is actually a 15seer AHRI# 8858393

Tell them you want a price on a TEM6A0C60H51/4TWR7060A1
    itís a 2 stage 16.25 SEER. AHRI 8928974

Like pecmsg said. Most of the time you are oversized.

The 2 stage will give you BETTER comfort and more energy savings.

If he wonít give you a straight answer. Get another quote. Find someone that will do a manual j, d, s!!!
    Iíll reach out and see about getting a quote on that equipment. Will report back. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch0311 View Post
    If he won’t give you a straight answer. Get another quote. Find someone that will do a manual j, d, s!!!
    Sometimes we forget, not all home owners that come here, is in a location where they may have company's that do this, so sometimes they have to trust their AC contractor. I personally would rather have one I can trust, than one that does all the manual's. Trust me! I've been back on many complaints from home owners where they did all the manual's, but the quality of the job was terrible. Maybe we should also preach a little more on the quality, than just preaching manual's at every home owner, because both are very important, right?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    ďExperience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble".

Post Likes
    Mr bill you are correct!!!

I was assuming that the person that does the manuals, will do quality work.

But you know what ASSUME means.

Post Likes
    5 tons of cooling in Florida needs to be 2 stage. I can see some serious short cycling going on at least a few months of the year otherwise.

7. Likes humidorlando liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    5 tons of cooling in Florida needs to be 2 stage. I can see some serious short cycling going on at least a few months of the year otherwise.
    Iím willing to bet the OP doesnít need 5tons!!!

Post Likes
    Hi all, I wanted to update you on what we wound up doing... We went in a different direction and installed the Bosch Bova 2.0 inverter system. So far itís very impressive! I appreciate all your help and willingness to share your knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by humidorlando View Post
    Hi all, I wanted to update you on what we wound up doing... We went in a different direction and installed the Bosch Bova 2.0 inverter system. So far it’s very impressive! I appreciate all your help and willingness to share your knowledge.

Interesting...

Did you connect it to your existing indoor AH unit???

Can you give us more details as to the install... how it works... your impressions of living with it... etc...

THX
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Interesting...

Did you connect it to your existing indoor AH unit???

Can you give us more details as to the install... how it works... your impressions of living with it... etc...

THX
    Sure, happy to fill you in thus far. Due to the modulating compressor the system runs much longer than before which is giving us better humidity control and much more consistent temps throughout the house. We also put in the Bosch air handler which allows for two stages of cooling. The system runs in stage 1 most of the time, adding to the improved comfort levels. On top of that the condensing unit is very quiet when not at 100% capacity. But when it winds up it is actually louder than our old Carrier 5-ton. Not a big deal to us though. The condenser pulls 4-6 amps most of the time (including fan) but will run up to 15+ when forced into max mode (used for measuring refrigerant).

A few issues weíre having: We donít know what the logic is behind when the compressor ramps up or down. In addition to coil pressures it seems to follow outdoor temp and total run time. Iíve noticed that the delta T at the handler increases to more than 24ļ when the system has been running for about an hour. Otherwise itís right at 20-21ļ regardless of Y1 or Y2 call.

We are still in the learning phase, and the system itself is adaptive so itís learning as well. All in all weíre very pleased and looking forward to getting a few monthís worth of data to analyze.

Post Likes
    Any rebates from your local utility company? If so need a AHRI number. Make sure to register your system.

I’m thinking of installing the BOVA in my residence in a few years myself. The only thing I don’t like about the Bosch is that’s it’s made 100% in China not by Bosch but a Chinese company named Midea. The compressor is a Mitsubishi, but who knows where it actually made? believe the Air Handlers are made in Mexico by Nortek/Nordyne. So I’ll take a wait and see attitude, especially if the compressor is made in China.

Any chance you can see where the compressor is made...

Post Likes
    I can definitely understand the China concern. I donít like it but I do trust Bosch as a brand and the warranty is right up there with the rest of them. As for the compressor itself I canít see where itís made but hoping itíll have the same reliability as their mini split products.

With respect to overall build quality Iíd say itís very good. The condenser is built like a tank which is more than I can say for a few unnamed American brands. Itís as good as a Trane. The air handler is another story. Not impressed at all so far. Definitely not worth the extra money. If I had to do it over Iíd go with another handler but I wanted that AHRI match to get the $600 back from Duke Energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234