Post Likes

N4 history is a waste

Wow. Super disappointed. I was messing with it today and they took away the drag-to-zoom feature! Now if I click and drag it just moves the chart on hte page. No way to zoom in. They also took away the ability to export the chart as pdf. Also I used to be able to right click the graph and show as tabular. What a waste. Is there any fix for this crap?

Post Likes
    Webchart is a pile of poo.

Try series transforms and anything but web chart.

Assuming your using the HTML5 downgrade profile?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    The overwhelming degree to which Niagara took a fully functioning tool in AX and disemboweled it in N4 cannot be overstated.

It is so completely useless that it seems like it is a coordinated effort to drive the Niagara using public to something different...

I have not tried this. If it works out I will tomorrow.... but it might not. Let me know if you all get to do so. It seems like it might be the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    Have you tried using the N4 dashboard service, and using a dashboard pane to add a web chart to? I have done this on some jobs, and the customer can just pull and drag the points he wants from the tree (or you can prebuild it for his user account), and save it to always graph the variables of your choice for the past 7 days (if that is what you choose). I have seen the SAVE CHART icon not show up on a standard web chart.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    The fix is “any front end but tridium” . There is a lot of competition out there for what they do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    coordinated effort to drive the Niagara using public to something different...
    Just looked at a HTML5 site and even with series transform you cannot zoom or export the data. The webchart does have a way to export the data, least if you access it from the history folder. Next to the time range drop down there is an export button. Looks like the only way you have to zoom on the web chart is to double click and it zooms centered on where ever you clicked. Pretty $hit compared to AX IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldman View Post
    There is a lot of competition out there for what they do.
    Maybe just looking at it as a frontend. Far as an integration swiss army knife that anyone can get access to, not so much.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Yep web chart is a steaming pile of pooh. Maybe for a new customer not so bad, but for one that has been N4 downgraded from AX a big difference, and not in a good way. Hole HTML5 develeopment in N4 was an epic fail, and really has been a big disappointmnet to me. Installing a distech ecyplse system right now, and with embedded enyvision or Dglux if no third party driver is needed there becomes no useful reason for Niagara.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Looks like the only way you have to zoom on the web chart is to double click and it zooms centered on where ever you clicked. Pretty $hit compared to AX IMO..
    You zoom with the mouse wheel. There is plain wheel for all axes, and ctrl + wheel for just the x axis. (Or the other way around).
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.