Thread: mcquay AGS

Post Likes

mcquay AGS

I'm working on AGS280A Air cooled Chiller Mcquay 2002 one of the compressors circut 1 trip on low Evp pressure after 10 min spacial when start loading up its
    charges 300lb R134 as name plates + new liquid filter drier EXV moves open and closed when in hand and when in auto does open 500- 3000R first when trying to maintain pressure then swicth to super heat
    condenser 150lb 110° evap 40° sat and start trip when evp reach 26lb which alarm set point
    ambient 70° subcool 24°
    liquid sightclass 3/4 full and slightly bulbs and seems liquid are not moving in sightclass when it's On all the time but sightclass on EXV Fluashing
    the sightclass on evaporator are empty agien this flooded evaporator chiller so should be 1/2-1/4 full when it's On
    I know I have Restriction may be some where but not sure
    as I said new liquid filter drier and correct refrigerant amount working EXV and no excessive pressure or temp drop
    the GPM corrects as 2ed compressor working fine and charger with glycol with rights Ft/HD differential
    I am chasing my tail
    I appreciate any advice
    Thank you .

Post Likes
    Are those numbers from the controller or actual measured numbers by you.?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    taken from both from controls as well gauge apple to apple the namber mach -+ 1.5 dgree !

Post Likes
    Have seen those exv work in test mode but not in run mode, have you manually opened the exv while it’s running?
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I did open and closed exv and works
    but we found out I accidently
    change compressor size from 205 to 220 did not pay attention when I load and unload the machine so we changed it to 205 and it's been working fine as microtech software talk to EXV based on comp size and thebload and more ..
    but Thank you for your response.
    have good weekend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sky heating & air View Post
    I did open and closed exv and works
    but we found out I accidently
    change compressor size from 205 to 220 did not pay attention when I load and unload the machine so we changed it to 205 and it's been working fine as microtech software talk to EXV based on comp size and thebload and more ..
    but Thank you for your response.
    have good weekend.
    Good catch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk