Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    Looks like there is a redirect going on. I’ve seen this quite a few times.
    Could be malware, or your company may have some type of security software running on your PC.
    The redirect comes up with it initially connects to the MAP network, and redirects to mapgwy.com which then loads nothing as shown in screen 1 figure. This computer is a clean install of windows, straight from MS, not from a manufacturer, and no virus blockers, etc have been installed. I additionally tried temporarily disabling the firewalls on the computer, which did not solve the issue.

I would think, regardless of the system version on the BAS within the facility, I still should be able to connect to mapgwy.com as this is just accessing the MAP Tool itself initially? I tried the iphone with the same issue. Could utilizing a USB work as a work around to communicate initially with the MAP in order to check firmware, etc?

Post Likes
    What is the msftconnecttest.com/redirect in your address bar? It still seems to me that something is hijacking your connection.
    You should be able to connect with your phone at least. We have been seeing allot of issues with windows 10.
    The USB is used to connect to it via the MUT tool, which is how you upgrade it to ver 5.0.
    I would try resetting it to factory defaults.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    BHord,
    Just had one dropped on my desk yesterday afternoon. Tried to access with my Laptop WiFi. No dice. Finally ended up disconnecting the wired ethernet and used Mozilla Firefox and connected (after multiple failures with Chrome). I had to connect with my Smarty Phone to confirm it was working before resorting to Mozilla.

I did have to do the reset 3 times to finally get back to factory default settings.

When you setup the MAP did you choose the option to 'select and forget' (refuse) the WIFI SSID? If you log into the device without choosing this the first time, next time it won't connect. You need to log into your PC and under the network devices deselect this. Reboot and try it again - that tri-fold document that's in the box that know one reads says to do this.

Post Likes
    Looks like there is a redirect going on. I’ve seen this quite a few times.
    Could be malware, or your company may have some type of security software running on your PC.
    2 different computers, same situation. mapgwy.com will not load. Hmm...

Post Likes
    Remember the days you had to plug in a cable and it just worked?
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    You mean a Direct Connection ? What a novel concept ! ;-)
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    Stupid should Hurt !
    If people took care of their cars like they do their HVAC Systems you'd see a lot more people walking
    !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BHord View Post
    The redirect comes up with it initially connects to the MAP network, and redirects to mapgwy.com which then loads nothing as shown in screen 1 figure. This computer is a clean install of windows, straight from MS, not from a manufacturer, and no virus blockers, etc have been installed. I additionally tried temporarily disabling the firewalls on the computer, which did not solve the issue.

I would think, regardless of the system version on the BAS within the facility, I still should be able to connect to mapgwy.com as this is just accessing the MAP Tool itself initially? I tried the iphone with the same issue. Could utilizing a USB work as a work around to communicate initially with the MAP in order to check firmware, etc?

Factory reset the MAP tool and start again with the default password.
    1) Press and hold the reset button until the Fault LED changes to Fast Flicker behavior (approx. 6 secs)
    2) Release the reset button within 3 seconds of the change to Fast Flicker. The Fault LED continues to Fast Flicker.
    3) Press and immediately release the reset button to confirm that you wish to reset to factory defaults.
    4) With a factory reset, the default password becomes Map-xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the same default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password. For example look for the E and the MAC address, so E 50-8C-B1-22-BD-52 becomes Map-22BD52.

The approved web browsers
    Windows® Internet Explorer® 10 and Windows Internet Explorer 11, Apple® Safari® 6.1 and later, and Google® Chrome™

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Silly, this is Johnson. The ONLY way to connect to a device for programming a Johnson FEC from the time they came out until about 2016 was a bluetooth dongle. (aside from tunneling down a supervisors connection, of course). This was a problem on dept of defense sites that had a firm ban on anything wireless...

Plugging in is an afterthought.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Factory reset the MAP tool and start again with the default password.
    1) Press and hold the reset button until the Fault LED changes to Fast Flicker behavior (approx. 6 secs)
    2) Release the reset button within 3 seconds of the change to Fast Flicker. The Fault LED continues to Fast Flicker.
    3) Press and immediately release the reset button to confirm that you wish to reset to factory defaults.
    4) With a factory reset, the default password becomes Map-xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the last 6 Ethernet MAC address digits. We use the same default passwords for the Wi-Fi passphrase and Admin password. For example look for the E and the MAC address, so E 50-8C-B1-22-BD-52 becomes Map-22BD52.

The approved web browsers
    Windows® Internet Explorer® 10 and Windows Internet Explorer 11, Apple® Safari® 6.1 and later, and Google® Chrome™
    The MAP is factory reset (multiple times). A new tidbit of info. Went to a different facility, a computer and phone, tried both map tools, same issue, connects to the wifi connection, but will not load mapgwy.com or utilizng IP. Still can't get the MAP to load its 'home page'. About to send these back for new ones.

Post Likes
    Here's more info. I reread the whole manual... so apparently a reset cannot be performed in the fault light stays blinking upon initial plug in to the SA Bus/ T-stat. Both facilities, my MAP tool stayed with some type of a fault light 100% of the time. Could be indicating a fault with the MAP tool?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BHord View Post
    Here's more info. I reread the whole manual... so apparently a reset cannot be performed in the fault light stays blinking upon initial plug in to the SA Bus/ T-stat. Both facilities, my MAP tool stayed with some type of a fault light 100% of the time. Could be indicating a fault with the MAP tool?
    I did see that 1 other time on a colleague’s MAP. I reimaged it with the MUT tool to 5.0 and it fixed it. I had imaged it to 5.0 about a week before that, it worked fine, then it suddenly quit working. It would actually reboot when you tried to connect to it.

Post Likes
    I did see that 1 other time on a colleague’s MAP. I reimaged it with the MUT tool to 5.0 and it fixed it. I had imaged it to 5.0 about a week before that, it worked fine, then it suddenly quit working. It would actually reboot when you tried to connect to it.
    Does anyone have the MUT tool possibly available? I don't have it on hand, and the computer I am using was just reset from scratch. I know its a big ask, but I thought it doesn't hurt to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast