Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 56

Thread: My Home

  1. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    24
    Post Likes
    I will say its good but not perfect! Why is the HRV hard mounted? Usually comes with springs for the unit to be hung-no issue with vibration transferring the noise. Also why did you make a transition to the coil box? They are designed to site directly on the furnace

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by twinrivers View Post
    I will say its good but not perfect! Why is the HRV hard mounted? Usually comes with springs for the unit to be hung-no issue with vibration transferring the noise. Also why did you make a transition to the coil box? They are designed to site directly on the furnace
    Lol..... ok. The ERV that I purchased comes with brackets attached for mounting. There are rubber isolation pads used when attached. I have no vibration or excess noise complaints. I install transitions between my furnace and coil whenever possible. This gives me a great spot for static pressure testing. I find it also lowers the coil pressure drop a little below manufacture data.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,743
    Post Likes
    Yes... one 'can' stack a coil directly on a furnace... however a short transition helps with airflow through the coil as well as keeping the heat from the HXE back from the coil pan.

    There is nothing wrong with placing the coil away from the furnace... Carrier and ICP offer factory transitions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    946
    Post Likes
    Personally I think this is pure artwork with functionality. Iíd have my living room set up around this. My one question though is, are you not using how water? Or not living there yet? Only reason I ask is because that navien looks like itís unplugged.

    Awesome work!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Likes johoff34 liked this post
  6. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    232
    Post Likes
    This install is in the Sept. issue of SNIPS magazine.

  7. Likes johoff34 liked this post
  8. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Personally I think this is pure artwork with functionality. Iíd have my living room set up around this. My one question though is, are you not using how water? Or not living there yet? Only reason I ask is because that navien looks like itís unplugged.

    Awesome work!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I put a lot of time and effort into the metal. Yes the house was new construction so water heater was not done at the time of picture. All up and running now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    211
    Post Likes
    Thatís awesome man! Iím about to do something similar in my uncles house. Wanna do it w/o canvasís like you did. I know you already said you havenít had any vibration/noise issues. But have you ever had problems w/ hard ducting everything?

  10. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,482
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Shiny!

    Looks great. I like the elevated furnace to make use of the large air filter. I predict your house will be very comfortable.
    I didnt even notice that .... yea thats bad ass

  11. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pres1227 View Post
    Thatís awesome man! Iím about to do something similar in my uncles house. Wanna do it w/o canvasís like you did. I know you already said you havenít had any vibration/noise issues. But have you ever had problems w/ hard ducting everything?
    No. Thereís just less room for error. If youíre making everything on site itís not that big of a deal. I usually make all my fittings before I do the job, so my pre measurements are critical.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    9,648
    Post Likes
    It looks great . . . as always.

    Question, all the ERV's I have installed require insulated duct to the outside, this doesn't need it or will be installed later?

  13. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    It looks great . . . as always.

    Question, all the ERV's I have installed require insulated duct to the outside, this doesn't need it or will be installed later?
    Thanks! I insulated the ducts connecting to the outside after. I donít like flex unless itís straight runs so I did metal pipe here. Then insulated with R8 after the fact.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,998
    Post Likes
    Beautiful work! Changing the residential world one install at a time! Keep up the outstanding work! To those saying that venting needs to be higher, how do you know? Are you familiar with the snow fall totals in Grand Blanc? I'm curious, because I live in Minnesnowta and my vent pipes are about the same distance off the ground and I've never had them buried in snow.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

  15. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Having a home built. Finished up the metal today. Installed an ERV, pretty excited for that. Never had one, never installed one. Also picked up a Ultra-Aire 70H to make Teddy Bear happy. I made some videos installing this and making some fittings. Iím gonna figure out how to edit and load to YouTube. Once I figure it out Iíll post a link.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the R/A why a change elbow, offset and then a offsetting transiton? You could have had the Elbow, one Transtioning offset and a tap.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •