Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 56

Thread: My Home

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,525
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by durussel78 View Post
    Great work!
    It is a carrier however. Not a fan of carrier.
    Dumb statement of the day goes to.......

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,735
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by durussel78 View Post
    Great work!
    It is a carrier however. Not a fan of carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Dumb statement of the day goes to.......
    I am not really a fan of Carrier either...

    However IMO the quality of the install will make up for the average quality equipment... grin
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,352
    Post Likes
    Where did you get those well-aged antique fittings?

    PHM
    -----------


    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Having a home built. Finished up the metal today. Installed an ERV, pretty excited for that. Never had one, never installed one. Also picked up a Ultra-Aire 70H to make Teddy Bear happy. I made some videos installing this and making some fittings. I’m gonna figure out how to edit and load to YouTube. Once I figure it out I’ll post a link.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  4. Likes johoff34 liked this post
  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Where did you get those well-aged antique fittings?

    PHM
    -----------
    Not sure if you’re referring to the mastic..... or the radius fittings lol. All fitting were made by me in my shop. Trying to keep craftsmanship alive in the residential market.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    232
    Post Likes
    I really like that RA drop and boot. Curious as to how far that sticks off the side of the filter? Seems I never have the room I really want for them. Also curious if the ceiling is as high as it looks. Those plenum takeoffs really look good. John

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,352
    Post Likes
    Not the stuff you made. The well-aged round duct fittings - were they laying in the back of the shop for thirty or forty years? <g>

    PHM
    ---------


    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Not sure if you’re referring to the mastic..... or the radius fittings lol. All fitting were made by me in my shop. Trying to keep craftsmanship alive in the residential market.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnerjohn View Post
    I really like that RA drop and boot. Curious as to how far that sticks off the side of the filter? Seems I never have the room I really want for them. Also curious if the ceiling is as high as it looks. Those plenum takeoffs really look good. John
    Thanks John! I think it’s about a 9” throat. I always try to install my return drop at the back of the trunk, this allows me to have the longest throat. Sometimes you have constraints in people’s homes that don’t allow for it, but when you have an open canvas make it count. 9’ ceilings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Not the stuff you made. The well-aged round duct fittings - were they laying in the back of the shop for thirty or forty years? <g>

    PHM
    ---------
    Oh no those have mastic installed on them. I find masticing the entire fitting looks better than just the seams. And I guess as you pointed out gives it some character


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Posts
    7,712
    Post Likes
    I'm wondering if you used turning vanes at the return horizontal to vertical connection...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

    Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

    Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

    Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

    I am yourmrfixit

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    I'm wondering if you used turning vanes at the return horizontal to vertical connection...
    No turning veins. I try to make sure my radius fittings are large enough and try to keep a 1:1 ratio so I don’t need them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Likes
    Very nice work.

    When I got into this biz there were lots of guys who could layout these type fittings. The plasma table changed this. Nice to see guys who can still do it!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,455
    Post Likes
    Nice job, you can be proud of that one!
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    142
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    looks good but the air intake and exhaust would be under the snow in no time where i am from
    Yeah, I would raise the intake to at least 24" above ground level, same with the exhaust. I have to shovel too many of them out in the winter.

    Other than that, it looks amazing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •