Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I had to work on a PITA this week so I got a picture {upside down of course} of the panel in place. Hope that helps.

For the TXV you should not have to pull the charge and evacuate. Pump the charge into the unit until there is about 75 lb left. Gently loosen the 2 nuts (in/out) about 1/2 turn or so that you should be able to twist that TXV with minimal loss of refrigerant. The thing to remember is there is a Teflon seat/gasket so you don't want to distort that.
    That would be one option but the way the liquid line (attached to TXV) is contorted, and improperly bent and routed.
    In your picture noticed the suction line and liquid line coming through the cut out hole in the secondary casing panel. Well the org. installer not only bent out the txv but they didnt route the liquid line correctly.
    Mess. But you will get from the client- "well the unit worked fine 10 years bulged out- why is it leaking water now in the corner??" theres only so many comforting answers client accepts. They dont care that it was installed wrong to begin with since they didnt question it back in 2009- reflects on there bad judgment of HVAC tecs/contractors.
    Double whammey that Arthur AC isnt is non existent so the client has not retribution against them.

Thanks for the picture.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by profj View Post
    1. As org. stated this IS NOT the cover for the furnance. THIS IS THE AIR HANDLER that sits above the furnace. This is a cover that was between another case cover (sandwiched).
    2. This metal piece per the picture was jammed in the "A" coil section on an UPFLOW vertical postioin air handler between the TXV.

3. Again, the point of the picture and this post is too see if anyone knows where this piece of casing metal belongs "orginally" on the model # I provided. Through my manuals I do not see this peice being represented in any drawing.
    I dont deal with TRANE units my distributors dont either.

I think the poor workmanship is having the casing BULGE, contort or not fit properly thus why I removed.
    My post stands as originally posted!!!!

It is NOT an air handler above the furnace, it is the evaporator coil.
    Yes the panel you left out goes behind the front cover. As stated, depending on the furnace's installation, the evaporator coil panels(front and internal) can be difficult to remove.
    Both panels need to be in place!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    My post stands as originally posted!!!!

It is NOT an air handler above the furnace, it is the evaporator coil.
    Yes the panel you left out goes behind the front cover. As stated, depending on the furnace's installation, the evaporator coil panels(front and internal) can be difficult to remove.
    Both panels need to be in place!!!
    We forum got your message loud and clear skipper. Lean OFF the exclamation points.

Re- Read the posts and the UPDATE. The secondary panel (best terminology I can come up with since trane doesnt have a term for this panel that I am aware of) . YES, BOTH PANELS ARE obviously BACK ON. Repeating again- PANELS ARE ON-BOTH->>>>>. PER MY UPDATE: However, panels are on CORRECTLY or square this time vs incorrectly before howerver new problem is a dripping corner because the bulging of the case due to the TXV not installed correctly- thus the condensation dripping of the A coil is not completely catching the drip pan because of the BOW, BULGE< CONTORSION of the secondary panel that needs to stay flush per the manufacture. I get it!

Let me enlighten: more....

Read carefully:
    Per the previous HVAC installer there/(was created) a HUGE bulge in the casing and the way the TXV and refrigerant line (liquid) is routed the secondary panel was put in on a severe angle to guide or route the refrigerant line. The panel was jammed and angled in there due to the incorrect TXV and brazing of refrigerant line (bending)- Why did it work for 10 years - LOL
    a.) know one wanted to touch it
    b.) know one inspected the a A coil.
    c. ) when 4+ HVAC tech cleared the condensation lines before I came along and removed changed location of secondary lines- these techs just "cleared" the line enough and were on there merry way. NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM- double trap condensation line and no P trap. I personally opened up the casing not only to clean the drain pan- but to find out why the unit casing was so bulged out.
    The previous knew they made a mistake ( used armacell) over the rubbing copper to the secondary pan.
    was installed causing a small drip in the right corner of the airhander (evaporator coil /indoor coil or A coil area "covering all terms").
    d.) the poor work ethic and professionalism
    e.) dishonesty
    f.) on and on I could go

I do appreciate and agree with you that both TRANE case panels belong. **I was testing with the inner one removed.

I am sure you see this shoddy work all the time- I see a lot in the state of FLORIDA. You can even read some of the forum posters that they would leave it out- which is interesting remark and answer reflecting there workmanship and knowledge.

As the analogy I made to the customer:
    " sticking a puzzle piece in the wrong way (that its designed and CUT)- push hard enough and it will fit (my little brother use to do this back in the days and he ruined a lot of puzzles)- you may still make out the puzzle picture but eventually when someone wants to put the puzzle back CORRECTLY the previous user (installer) may and most likely is dealing with a damaged a portion of the puzzle). Best analogy I could come up for the client.
    Again thank you and I do agree both panels. I disagree with the design by TRANE. I dont recommend or endorse TRANE or american std .

Solution: is a pump down and installing the TXV correctly along with correct bend on the refrigerant line. Proper alignment. If the unit was under part warrenty would recommend TXV replacement for security/peace of mind.

Cheers.

I do appreciate the responses, its hard to tell sometimes if your getting alpha attitude behind them.
    Hopefully this topic will help others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12