Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch0311 View Post
    How long after it was running did you take that pic
    Greater than 20 minutes run time at that point. It pretty much runs all day long until late night 10-11 PM when its able to catch up.

Post Likes
    What is the brown looking wire that appears to go into the coil on the left? It runs from the top of the photo, middle of the A coil and appears to go into a screw hole at the lower left of the A access panel and then continues out of the picture to the lower left.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scarednoob View Post
    The filter drier is located in the condenser unit outside.
    Did they replace it each time the system was opened?

Is it still inside the outdoor unit?

If it were me, I would have removed it from the outdoor unit and placed it at the indoor coil.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    What is the brown looking wire that appears to go into the coil on the left? It runs from the top of the photo, middle of the A coil and appears to go into a screw hole at the lower left of the A access panel and then continues out of the picture to the lower left.

Looks like the tstat wire

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    The brown wire is a thermostat or zone damper wire. It looks like its going into the coil but its really outside the cabinet hanging across the access panel. The screw hole it appears to go into is really the wire just twisting right there.

The filter drier as far as I know was only replaced one time when they did work on the outdoor TXV.

Post Likes
    If the drier is in the condensing unit, sometimes I will pump it down. If I have to do work after the service valves (like change an evap) I will purge the lines with N2 (used for brazing also) and pull a vacuum with a micron gauge connected. In this instance, I do not change the drier in the condenser.
    Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12