Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Violence is the only tool that a brute has at his disposal.

Agreed, this is a pathetic demonstration of Glenn's character, but then again, he never had much character to begin with.
    It's plainly obvious here that while you can dish it out mad, you are incapable of taking any lite hearted humor.

I'll keep that in mind next time and never again engage you in some joking here on ARP.

Talk about civility you apparently have none. Sorry I was mistaken about you.

I have no desire to go into nuclear war with you or anyone else. Just like humor and lite jousting matches. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Satire would make me smile.

Your insults do not make me smile.

It's clear that you're not a well-educated man, BBeerme, but still, I would have guessed you understand the difference between satire and mere insult.

"Prepare for rhyme—I'll publish, right or wrong:
    Fools are my theme, let Satire be my song."
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Corn out the liar.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes

President Trump goes one-on-one with Laura Ingraham

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Corn out the liar.
    My BS radar pinned as well. Thousands and thousands of posts over the years and all of a sudden he posts one random post about serving. Hmmm??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Satire would make me smile.

Your insults do not make me smile.
    That's because you are hopelessly and unconscientiously prejudiced...and kinda grouchy to boot. (Remember that one occasion when you remarked how funny one of my gibes was...but only because you mistakenly thought biodieselman was its author? Yup, that's the kind of disingenuous person you are.)

Me personally, I smile at--and give a nod of respect to--any clever and fitting barb that comes at me. Just because I am skilled at satire does not mean I can't sometimes be nicked by the tip of its sword. People like you, however, are much more at risk of getting impaled!

As the French say: Touché...et trompé!

Post Likes
    That’s a can of worms that... sadly... cannot be opened here for fear of the shitstorm it would bring down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    It's plainly obvious here that while you can dish it out mad, you are incapable of taking any lite hearted humor.

I'll keep that in mind next time and never again engage you in some joking here on ARP.

Talk about civility you apparently have none. Sorry I was mistaken about you.

I have no desire to go into nuclear war with you or anyone else. Just like humor and lite jousting matches. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn, in the interest of trying to make peace, I will officially retract my last post concerning you and extend an olive branch.

But you have to understand that your (ahem...) light-hearted joke about shooting me in the back of the head came on the heels on another member stating his interest in throwing fists with me in real life, offering to meet up with me somewhere between his home and mine. Not to mention the backdrop of other recent posts from right wingers in which they seem to express a hankering for actual civil war or mass extermination campaigns. I think it's reasonable to say, therefore, that any of your future jokes about killing people should have much more ample comedic context.

So then...I hereby apologize for attacking your character, but again for the record, let it be known that I completely missed the context of humor in your post, and I think it's fair to say that many other people would have as well.

Post Likes
    Glenn, in the interest of trying to make peace, I will officially retract my last post concerning you and extend an olive branch.

But you have to understand that your (ahem...) light-hearted joke about shooting me in the back of the head came on the heels on another member stating his interest in throwing fists with me in real life, offering to meet up with me somewhere between his home and mine. Not to mention the backdrop of other recent posts from right wingers in which they seem to express a hankering for actual civil war or mass extermination campaigns. I think it's reasonable to say, therefore, that any of your future jokes about killing people should have much more ample comedic context.

So then...I hereby apologize for attacking your character, but again for the record, let it be known that I completely missed the context of humor in your post, and I think it's fair to say that many other people would have as well.
    Well hush my mouth mad. Nice to know that you being a liberal do have some civility in your soul.

Not quite up to Southern hospitality and graciousness but surprisingly very good none the less.

I was truly jesting with you and no dark side was meant whatsoever.

Glad we can be shall we say "friendly" adversaries with good humor instead of throwing grenades at each other.

I can see some humor in your posts and I appreciate that because I like to do the same when I can.

After you joked about you wouldn't give up highly classified info from your "time" in the "Corps" then said the "Peace Corps" I cracked up then couldn't resist saying we would have to take you out with a shot behind your head which still is the way the commies do it today. LOL.

Anyhow glad we have a understanding now even though we we have different views on government and on social issues. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well hush my mouth mad. Nice to know that you being a liberal do have some civility in your soul.

Not quite up to Southern hospitality and graciousness but surprisingly very good none the less.

I was truly jesting with you and no dark side was meant whatsoever.

Glad we can be shall we say "friendly" adversaries with good humor instead of throwing grenades at each other.

I can see some humor in your posts and I appreciate that because I like to do the same when I can.

After you joked about you wouldn't give up highly classified info from your "time" in the "Corps" then said the "Peace Corps" I cracked up then couldn't resist saying we would have to take you out with a shot behind your head which still is the way the commies do it today. LOL.

Anyhow glad we have a understanding now even though we we have different views on government and on social issues. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    Very well said, Glenn. As of today, I will only refer to you as a proper southern gentleman.

From tomorrow forward, however...let the stink bombs fly!! LOL...Just kidding!

Post Likes
    MM's comment about divulging classified information was directed at me. I didn't respond because I didn't care whether he believed me or didn't believe me. I think he was saying I didn't know anything classified and I don't. That phase of my career is finished but I still will not talk about anything that was classified no matter how public that info may now be. That's not heroic it's just the way I feel about it. His comments were partly being sarcastic and partly being humorous.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    MM's comment about divulging classified information was directed at me. I didn't respond because I didn't care whether he believed me or didn't believe me. I think he was saying I didn't know anything classified and I don't. That phase of my career is finished but I still will not talk about anything that was classified no matter how public that info may now be. That's not heroic it's just the way I feel about it. His comments were partly being sarcastic and partly being humorous.
    Nothing but light-hearted ribbing was intended by my post. I have no knowledge of the protocols of classified matters, and I meant no offense toward you or anyone else who are, or once were, privy to classified materials.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011