Post Likes

Evolutions thermostat will not hold settings

We had a whole house system installed in Sept of 2018. (New build) We are currently on our second evolution's thermostat. But had the same issue. Even the installer cannot determine what is wrong.

We will set up all the profiles. Wake, home, away, sleep; with the correct times and temps that we want. Nothing is overlapping. No matter what temp we set them to, they default to 78 degrees in the summer. It was different temperate in the winter; but, again not the temp that was set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    What do you mean they default to 78°?
    Every temp setting?
    Is unit supposed to be working but isn't and temp goes to 78°?

You need to provide more information.
    Maybe post a photo of the screen.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    The unit is working fine. It's just the thermostat that seems to do as it pleases.

This was taken in the morning after it came off sleep setting. As you can see the schedule is set for 74 but when you look at the current temps it says it will only cool to 78.

Name:  IMG_3408.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  76.2 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    The unit is working fine. It's just the thermostat that seems to do as it pleases.

This was taken in the morning after it came off sleep setting. As you can see the schedule is set for 74 but when you look at the current temps it says it will only cool to 78.

Name:  IMG_3408.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  76.2 KB
    Can you take a full screen shot of the first photo?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Here is a full photo. Name:  IMG_3471.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  91.3 KB

Post Likes
    Are you sure that all the days are programmed correctly?

The full screen shot is in the scheduling area and showing only one day. The second photo, in your first set of photos, is showing what that day and period is set for. You could have only one day set as you want it.

If this photo is how you want it to be set, then copy this to each day. You can do each day individually or in a block of days(M-F),(S-S), etc.

If they are programmed correctly, there is a hold option to try and even change this to a non programmable stat. These are last resorts to see what may be happening.

Post Likes
    They are all programmed the same.

Not sure what you mean by a hold option. I don't want to take it out of program mode as I do like the away option for when everyone is gone for a few hours. (No need to keep the house as cool, so I really don't want to disable that option.

I just really want an answer as to why it will not follow the set schedule and defaults to 78. Which is fine when no one is home but a little warm when I'm here.

Thank you for trying to help me with this issue!

Post Likes
    Do you know if the motion sense is enabled? If it is and your thermostat is in a low traffic area like a hallway then it will disregard you schedule to save energy. I think it’s if it doesn’t sense motion for three hours it will go into smart setback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I didn't know that there was that option. Yes it was on and in a hallway that doesn't always get a lot of traffic. I have disabled it. I will see if that helps.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Do you know if the motion sense is enabled? If it is and your thermostat is in a low traffic area like a hallway then it will disregard you schedule to save energy. I think it’s if it doesn’t sense motion for three hours it will go into smart setback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was in the back of my mind as well.

11. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=johoff34;25727761]Do you know if the motion sense is enabled? If it is and your thermostat is in a low traffic area like a hallway then it will disregard you schedule to save energy. I think it’s if it doesn’t sense motion for three hours it will go into smart setback.

Good catch!!

They're going to keep making things smarter and more efficient until it gets to the point where we will be putting ten dollar snap switch thermostats back on the wall.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.