+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell CIper 50 and spyders

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unonut View Post
    The current documentation for the Ciper50 modules are really hit or miss from honeywell . I actually have some awesome documentation for these. (Including descriptions and functionality for for all of the CL stuff.) The Ciper50's rock. I got to look at my notes cause I thought there was a change in reference to the Ciper 50's and spiders compatability.
    Could you send me the documents as well? Email in my profile

Thank you in advance,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eroland View Post
    Could you send me the documents as well? Email in my profile

Thank you in advance,
    Done

Post Likes
    @Unonut Got them! Thank you so much!

Post Likes
    Could someone please send me the CIPer 50 docs as well?

Post Likes
    I would like to see what you have on the Cipher 50's as well. For what its worth to anyone planing on using the Cipher 50, Don't plan on using any of the AO's to fire a 10-30VDC coil on a RIB because it wont do it, found out the hard way. Needed an extra DO and didnt have one so I thought I would use a RIB and a spare AO to get by. The AO's are only good for 1ma. I do love however being able to use the Panelbus IO modules but they have the same issue with the AO's as well.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    The AO's are only good for 1ma.
    Huh, seems like that will crop up and bite you more than once.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Huh, seems like that will crop up and bite you more than once.
    More then likely.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Slightly off topic, but anyone here worked with the Merlin configurable controllers? I believe they are called Spyder 5 in the states.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    Slightly off topic, but anyone here worked with the Merlin configurable controllers? I believe they are called Spyder 5 in the states.
    I have a job going right now with some Spyder 5 VAV controllers. Should be downloading and doing checkout next week, so the verdict is still out. I do like the much smaller footprint. Hopefully there aren't too many of the Honeywell undocumented features but i wont hold my breath.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Just did 45 CLMERLN4 230V unitary devices on single mstp network. Had correct cable (3 wire + shield, with120 ohm resistors at both ends and grounded shield at one point) system engineered off laptop and and moved early discovered units to high mac >32, to allow subsequent devices to automac into available mac numbers <32.
    All seemed ok at first, had around 40 or so units online. Max master set high at 55 on each one. But I think one of the last ones learnt in may have stayed at max master 32. As some time later nothing above 32 was online. I couldnt communicate with them from the station in my laptop or from the 3.8 jace they were supposed to be talking to in the building. ( no I didnt have both connected at same time )
    After much headscratching and timewasted, I ended up splitting the network into two lots of 23 devices, this worked, and is working great, the macs are all over the place now. Gotta sort this later. Just thought I would report what happened.
    Note the firmwares on a lot of these was at 1.1.X.X and will rev up later to 2.0.0.85 but found an issue with floating control block at the later rev.

Post Likes
    I've heard to stay away from the spyder 5 vav controllers for the time being. Lots of firmware issues, from what I was told.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    I've heard to stay away from the spyder 5 vav controllers for the time being. Lots of firmware issues, from what I was told.
    I was told that as well back in August last year but the firmware that was released after that was suppose to be ok. I have been an unvoluntary beta tester for Honeywell for years. Just a glutton for punishment I guess.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    I was told that as well back in August last year but the firmware that was released after that was suppose to be ok. I have been an unvoluntary beta tester for Honeywell for years. Just a glutton for punishment I guess.
    I thought they still had issues, I was just told this 2 weeks ago. I'll probably stay away for a while, seems like everything I've done recently on new products, I need to go back and update something due to some glitch in the matrix. It's gets old quickly.

Post Likes
    I feel your pain.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Big red seems to be infecting all its acquisitions with their 'efficiencies' I used to laugh at from a distance. Now it seems the sky has opened and Satan is coming down from above.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in