+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium multi JACEs architecture enquiry

Post Likes

Tridium multi JACEs architecture enquiry

Hi All,

I’m new in Tridium world. I have a case and seeking your support to direct me to the best solution.
    I have multiple JACEs 8000 to be installed in different locations. All these JACEs have BACnet objects with sample rate of 5 sec.
    I need to archive the history for two years (Which is huge data) from all the JACEs, and create a main dashboard with different users permissions to access the visualised data live of their locations.

How to collect the data? And how to visualise this data?

Thanks in advance for your valuable support.

Post Likes
    Following.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam.egy View Post
    How to collect the data? And how to visualise this data?
    Use the supervisor and have it pull up the data as needed and serve it up from there.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Agree with orion. Put in a supervisor station with plenty of memory and ram. Bring in the points and import the histories and you can keep them as much longer without taxing the jaces. We typically import the histories each night and limit the history records on the jace to 500 records. You can also build a dashboard on the server.

Post Likes
    Dear Gents,
    Thanks so much for your valuable reply.
    As I understood, I have to use the supervisor station as a server collecting the data at fixed interval from the JACEs (Can I use the same server with the same license to program new JACEs?).
    What if I need to troubleshoot any site before the import time (Live monitoring)?
    Is that better to build the dashboards on the same local server? Or use a 3rd party dashboard platform (Like DGLUX) to manage it?

Post Likes
    The sever license is based on the number of fox stations connected to it. If you have 10 jaces you buy a 10 fox connection license. They are sold in various intervals and also have one that is unlimited number of connection but you better have a big server computer to handle that.

The server can view the data live and ever have all the graphics. When you view a history file in the server it can automatically collect all the new data from the last import.

Post Likes
    Dear Gents,
    Thanks so much for your valuable reply.
    As I understood, I have to use the supervisor station as a server collecting the data at fixed interval from the JACEs (Can I use the same server with the same license to program new JACEs?).
    What if I need to troubleshoot any site before the import time (Live monitoring)?
    Is that better to build the dashboards on the same local server? Or use a 3rd party dashboard platform (Like DGLUX) to manage it?
    Yes, you can user the server license as a workbench tool to commissioning and modify stations running on JACEs. The only think the server license can't do that an installer license can is connect to controllers directly.

Post Likes
    The N4 charts look very nice, but the point selection mechanism is quite clunky in my opinion, especially if you have multiple JACEs, so you may have to put in some elbow grease to make it easier to use. That said, I'm not a huge fan of additional dashboard software for most applications I've seen because they typically complicate the situation without adding any value and ultimately get abandoned shortly after the project is turned over.

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    The N4 charts look very nice, but the point selection mechanism is quite clunky in my opinion,
    Did they do away with the click-n-drag to zoom in?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    Did they do away with the click-n-drag to zoom in?
    No, I was referring to the fact that a user has to drill down entirety of the station hierarchy to select a history. This can be quite a mess if if the project hasmany JACEs. There is no way to start the navigation pointed at a particular JACE either. If the ord of the history chart is pointed to a specific JACE, Niagara tries to display every history imported from that JACE. The AX history chart builder was much better in my opinion, and it still exists but generates an error when used in the web browser.

Post Likes
    Dear All,

Thanks for your appreciated support

Post Likes
    You may want to look into having an SQL server

Post Likes
    I previously posted this handy history video. I followed it and got good results.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxNsvVvvWA

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in