Thread: Hvac in Canada

Post Likes

Hvac in Canada

Hi everyone,

Im 26 years old and I would like to go in HVAC.

I already studied 2 years in welding in montreal, but now I want to go in ontario/BC/alberta to improve my english and start a new career.

I can't spend years and money to study in college it's impossible. So I would like to go in apprenticeship.

I'll try an apprenticeship with a local union but it's really selective ...

Otherwise I'll find a company who looks for a helper/apprentice

Question : What province do you think is the best for an apprenticeship in canada ? Because they are a lot of differences, as the number of hours to be a journeyman, the ease to find an apprenticeship/work. Another example in ontario each job in hvac need a gas ticket that require lot of money or lot of time to complete the courses. But in alberta/BC there is almost nothing like this when I checked jobs requirement.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kaporal86 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I already studied 2 years in welding in montreal, but now I want to go in ontario/BC/alberta to improve my english and start a new career.

I can't spend years and money to study in college it's impossible. So I would like to go in apprenticeship.

Question : What province do you think is the best for an apprenticeship in canada ? Because they are a lot of differences, as the number of hours to be a journeyman, the ease to find an apprenticeship/work. Another example in ontario each job in hvac need a gas ticket that require lot of money or lot of time to complete the courses. But in alberta/BC there is almost nothing like this when I checked jobs requirement.
    I'm in the GTA and there are always companies looking for people. You can try to get onto a company as a helper and if it works out have them sign you on as an apprentice. If you want the union route contact the local 787 here to get more info. https://ualocal787.org/

You dont need a gas ticket but it does help getting a job in the trade, good luck.

Post Likes
    thank you for your post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kaporal86 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Alberta has been slowly recovering since the last crash and is now not too bad for the job market. Bear in mind its boom then bust out here so don't get caught tied to the oil field or Ft. McMurray if you want stability.

I've looked into BC, lower pay and higher cost of living.

Saskatchewan is apparently doing very well with alot of industry happening there. Wages are catching up as well.