+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possibly relocating from SoCal to Tucson AZ thoughts?

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes

Possibly relocating from SoCal to Tucson AZ thoughts?

Currently a 1st yr journeyman out of Local 250.
    Left A/c 8 months ago and went to the dark side (refrigeration).

Fairly happy with current situation, boss treats me well, make plenty OT and work 5-25 min from home everyday.

Wife dropped a bomb the other week. She’s thinking on moving to Tucson AZ to be part of her niece’s life and 6 month old nephew.

There’s a lot more to the story but for now I’m just looking to see what job market is like.

Any input welcome.

Thanks !
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Post Likes
    There's way more to this story... I'm sure.
    IMO...... Family first. Work second. Everything and everyone else 3rd.
    Good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Find out whats required to transfer you book to the Az local.

Post Likes
    there are really NO union refrigeration shops in this state , there are a couple of refrigeration contractors down there . Old Pueblo , source and i think hussmann may be down there , your not going to like the wage gap if you were a journeyman , or were you a apprentice ?
    Gun Control: Belief that violent predators willing to ignore laws against
    robbery, kidnapping, rape, and murder will obey a law telling them that they
    cannot do so with a gun.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Journeyman. $44/hr on the check at the moment.
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Post Likes
    When I was in AZ, property values were quite low, so the disparity in wages was not a big deal.

Most things we buy across the country are pretty close in price, generally speaking. Except for real estate. So the lower wages should not be as alarming as they sound. But that was decades ago, shouldn't be too difficult to Google some prices for rent.

Another option is to let her leave, and file for divorce.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

7. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Another option is to let her leave, and file for divorce.
    You are a hopeless romantic!
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Do it dude Life's grand out there.

Post Likes
    Yes. Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    You are a hopeless romantic!

Post Likes
    I live and work in Atlanta,Ga. I went out to visit some friends in Tucson last christmas for 2 weeks.After seeing the scenery,Saguro National park and the desert Museum,both nice places,I was bored to death.The weather was nice(it was winter)50 in the morning 75 in the afternoon. I dont want to be there in the summer!!!Too hot.But hot is good to make money as an HVAC tech.Just saying ,nice place to visit.don't know about living and working there.I guess if you are busy working it doesn't matter,If you want to see a concert ,ball game, its off to Phoenix.I don't think it has what Southern California has.But,maybe you are at a point where you want a quiet place.Any way , good luck with what ever you decide to do.For me ,I grew up around New Jersey and New York.Atlanta is busy enough.

Post Likes
    In Phoenix Arizona in the middle of summer? Which lasts, what, nine months?

How about the monsoons, all of that extreme humidity when it is 90*F outside?

Quote Originally Posted by SophieTel View Post
    Do it dude Life's grand out there.

Post Likes
    The best places in AZ and New Mexico are the high desert plateaus. Avoids the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I live and work in Atlanta,Ga. I went out to visit some friends in Tucson last christmas for 2 weeks.After seeing the scenery,Saguro National park and the desert Museum,both nice places,I was bored to death.The weather was nice(it was winter)50 in the morning 75 in the afternoon. I dont want to be there in the summer!!!Too hot.But hot is good to make money as an HVAC tech.Just saying ,nice place to visit.don't know about living and working there.I guess if you are busy working it doesn't matter,If you want to see a concert ,ball game, its off to Phoenix.I don't think it has what Southern California has.But,maybe you are at a point where you want a quiet place.Any way , good luck with what ever you decide to do.For me ,I grew up around New Jersey and New York.Atlanta is busy enough.

Post Likes
    There's only 5 or 6 Union Shops in Tucson, all HVAC.
    I was the last Jm for a National Sig that ended up exiting the market.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    If you have to move to Tucson,just go!!!I'm sure you will find a job.It stays hot there 9 months out of the year.Might make less money, cost of living is less.Just get a job there,Later you can find a better one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I was gonna say too. Coming from Socal, you'll be bored AF out there.
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I have a house for sale there if you are looking for one.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    Currently a 1st yr journeyman out of Local 250.
    Left A/c 8 months ago and went to the dark side (refrigeration).

Fairly happy with current situation, boss treats me well, make plenty OT and work 5-25 min from home everyday.

Wife dropped a bomb the other week. She’s thinking on moving to Tucson AZ to be part of her niece’s life and 6 month old nephew.

There’s a lot more to the story but for now I’m just looking to see what job market is like.

Any input welcome.

Thanks !
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in