Post Likes

Confused Difficulties with Carrier Chiller 30HRP120386S

Greetings friends.
    I am performing activities on a carrier chiller. It has been presenting several alarms that do not match the list. I think the Dipswitch addressing of the compressor plates has changed. But I'm having trouble finding equipment manuals. I can not find anything on the internet about the model of this equipment. You could help me if you have a manual of this equipment.
    This is the equipment data.

Chiller Carrier:
    Model: 30HRB120386S
    Serie: 4398B44189

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Augusto Martins

Post Likes
    Hi Augusto,

Is it a 30hr chiller.
    Old mechanical recip type chiller?
    In the manual the B stand for r134a

You can find it by googling carrier 30hr.
    If you have access to a cell phone with data. Carrier as a app called comm lit that you can use to find new and old manuals.

Post Likes
    If its a 30HR series flotronic reciprocating chiller, http://eto.carrier.com - 30HR/HS water cooled/condenserless chillers - controls installation oeration manual. 30 H series flotronic reciprocating liquid chillers Controls and troubleshooting manual.
    http://eto.carrier.com/litterature/cm/13032-30H.pdf

Post Likes
    Greetings patpinet.

This chiller uses water condensation. It uses R-22 refrigerant.
    It's an old machine model. Uses Carlyle reciprocating semihermetic compressors.
    Years ago I worked with this machine and I never had problems, I could always solve the abnormalities. Leaves the company that served. Now I came back to serve this client with my own company, but the old company left to be desired and did not solve the problems that appeared. I ended up losing all the history of the equipment.
    I looked at several manual sharing sites in PDF format, but I did not find it. I'll check out this mobile app you told me about.
    A detail I have not discussed before. This chiller model uses the Pro dialog driver. It does not use the older driver, the PSIO.
    It has some board addresses, but does not match the current one. And even altering to that address that are in the photos the plates enter in alarm.
    As I am new to the forum, I can not post the photos of the device.

I thank the attention.
    It was valuable information.

Thank you very much.

Post Likes
    Greetings Sserrviceman.

I'll look in the links you sent me.
    The second thing I've seen is going to be helpful in addressing the addresses.
    But as I said it and an old equipment, it uses R-22 refrigerant.
    I'll try to post some photos of him as soon as I release my profile.

Post Likes
    What alarms are you getting ? the "eto.carrier.com" site will only show Flotronic 2 controls for the HR you could try the 30 HZ chiller manual which is basically a 30 HS chiller but pro dialog control. There may be different versions so look at both of them.
    Gibbo

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    What alarms are you getting ? the "eto.carrier.com" site will only show Flotronic 2 controls for the HR you could try the 30 HZ chiller manual which is basically a 30 HS chiller but pro dialog control. There may be different versions so look at both of them.
    Gibbo

Got it. I'll check out these other models. The machine uses the Pro Dialog Plus controller.
    The alarms that appear are "Communication Failure on the Compressor Board" and Communication Failure on the EXV Board ".

Post Likes
    Page from 30 G&H Series black prodialog manual.DIP_Settings.pdf

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sserrviceman View Post
    Page from 30 G&H Series black prodialog manual.DIP_Settings.pdf

I found this page in the PDF. I'm going to make the debt tomorrow.