Post Likes

Confused JCI NCE25 Stuck at 32% When Commissioning in CCT

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and would like to know if anyone else has come across this issue. One of our NCE's will quite frequently fail to load in CCT and it will always hang at 32%. Doesn't matter how much time it sits there, it just won't go further until I reset the device through Metasys. We have 2 NCE's and 6 NAE's, but this is the only one with the problem.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but if you've seen it and know the fix, I'd appreciate the input!

Post Likes
    What version of firmware/CCT is in it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    What version of firmware/CCT is in it?
    CCt is 10.1 and firmware is 5.3.0.6500

Post Likes
    You could try taking it up to 10.2/6.2.2 for the heck of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCIman View Post
    You could try taking it up to 10.2/6.2.2 for the heck of it.
    I'd like to, but the chief wants us to wait to update anything until our MUI upgrade later this year, and have everything rolled into that process. You're right though, it's possible that issue was fixed at some point in a firmware upgrade. I was actually hoping to run into someone that had it fixed in a similar manner, so I could go to my boss with it.

Thanks for the input!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cbytes View Post
    I'd like to, but the chief wants us to wait to update anything until our MUI upgrade later this year, and have everything rolled into that process. You're right though, it's possible that issue was fixed at some point in a firmware upgrade. I was actually hoping to run into someone that had it fixed in a similar manner, so I could go to my boss with it.

Thanks for the input!

first lets get the log file which does the upload \ download on the computer. C:\ProgramData\Johnson Controls\MetasysIII\DataAccess\Diagnostics

You need to find the diagnostic files;
    errorLog.txt (used when CCT requests some sort of data, whether from the database or controllers)
    HistoryLog.txt (a summary of upload and download operations)
    SyncAgentTrace.txt files (a detailed log of the upload/download operations)

Rename the existing files to SyncAgentTraceOLD.txt etc.....

Try the upload again and it'll create new files.

When it fails and sits for a while, close out of CCT and rename the files again SyncAgentTraceTEST1.txt something like this

Then upload a controller which does upload and once that is done rename those files. Open both files and see where it's stopping.