Post Likes

Distech Envysion Techstudio tips tricks training?

I got throwed in the deep end with a school district promised Envysion on their new server. I got 2 sites to take over and a server to host that and 1 existing site..... I am looking at going full Envysion and not XpressEnvysion.

I did an Express envysion eclypse graphic 2 weeks ago, and I did the distech controller training a year ago where there was a half day on express envysion.

I am seeing that this is a bit more involved than I anticipated.

I saw a thread from 2017 that asked who was doing full Envysion and everyone pretty much cried about how hard it is to work with, but given time it can work.

I am wondering if it is any easier now? Anybody having good success with it? Got anything better than the manual to show how things go together? Being a Niagara guy I am accustomed to tech references that seem designed to do little more than define the basics. I am about 150 pages into the 700page manual and am looking for a better way... and realizing there may not be one.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Unless you are a HTML5, JSON, and Jacascript programmer, your company doesn’t mind investing hundreds of not thousands of hours in making your own UI from scratch, use ExpressENVYSION. By all means learn it and eventually get to where you want but it’s not going to happen quickly.

Post Likes
    Did you end up making your own UI? Or are you still using XE?
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I use XE and modify it as needed. I can see us moving towards a custom UI but there isn’t a demand for it right now. Your market may be different than mine though.