Post Likes

Is Distech buying Climatec?? Please confirm rumor!

HAVE YOU HEARD THIS?!?!?

It has been brought to by attention from 4 different sources (including a Climatec employee) that Distec is acquiring Climatec from Bosch.

Just want to see how many of you have heard the same info. I started hearing it Monday of last week.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I know that Climatec is now repping the Distec line that is the first I heard of Distec acquiring Climatec.

Post Likes
    Yes, I was told by several people that is the 1st stage. They are selling Distech and are stopping the support and sale of Alerton equipment. Now they are going to try to get there customer to switch over to Distech at there wonderful Climatec rates.. lol The inside info I got said they are not supposed to let people know as all there customers that they push Alerton to or just sold too might become an issue. Im sure this is not going to make there customers happy but it will probably get other companies lots of business as I'm sure many people will end up dropping them.

Post Likes
    From what I understand they are not stopping the sale of Alerton, at least not in my part of the country. It would be interesting if your rumor is correct.

Post Likes
    They will be. Distech and Alerton and top

Post Likes
    They will be. Distech and Alerton and top competitors. So, you can not sell both. It is like coke and Pepsi you have one or another. It's part of the contract. Generally they have a time frame when they can close out there current jobs and just phase out Alerton completely. I can't see Alerton or Distech allowing Climatec to do both.

Post Likes
    I really hope they do not stop selling Alerton.... Climatec Dallas is one of my biggest clients that buys Alerton stuff from me.

Post Likes
    JD, I forgot you told me about this the other day. I have not heard from Climatec in weeks, which may be a sign that what you're saying is true.

Post Likes
    this is what I understand, Alerton has had a supply shortage on controllers for a while now they have given various reason for this. Climatec found another brand to carry to back fill what they can't get. Some branches within Climatec were already doing Distec prior to the company going company wide. But I could be completely wrong and management couldn't be telling us the whole story...