Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Latest update: was expecting to sign the work order with the company I talked. They texted me this morning stating that they CAN'T proceed with that job because their supplier charges a lot (more that they thought or what??) for that UA unit and they can't use equipment bought by me (online) due voiding the warranty. I said, REALLY??, you did't know the price

BEFORE gave me the Quote? Well, back to square one...

Post Likes
    Sorry I posted on the you other post.
    Any chance you could email me the name of the contractor involved? I would like more details on all of that. We prefer to deal with wholesale/ac contractors as opposed to internet. As far as warranty, we never deny warranty to an end user based on distribution.
    Thanks again.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Any chance you could email me the name of the contractor involved? I would like more details on all of that. We prefer to deal with wholesale/ac contractors as opposed to internet. As far as warranty, we never deny warranty to an end user based on distribution.
    Thanks again.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Sorry, I cut them loose with a few "warm" words from me..

Post Likes
    Thanks again.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    But I still have a question for you: if I already heave fresh air intake flex duct for my HVAC connected to cold air return duct - should I use it somehow as a fresh air supply for the UA XT155H? using some kind of Y to divide the airflow and dampers? It will ease the install process by not drilling outside brick...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by medveszonok View Post
    But I still have a question for you: if I already heave fresh air intake flex duct for my HVAC connected to cold air return duct - should I use it somehow as a fresh air supply for the UA XT155H? using some kind of Y to divide the airflow and dampers? It will ease the install process by not drilling outside brick...
    Disconnect from the cold air return and connect to the Ultra-Aire, Turning the dehu blower on will get you fresh air mixed will house air when the dehu fan runs. Run the dehu fan when the home is occupied. The fresh air will mix with house air and be filtered by a Merv 13 air filter. If the %RH rises above your setting, the damp fresh air will dried by the dehumidifier before it is circulated to the home.
    No y needed.
    Or you can leave the way it is, Only fresh air when heat and cooling?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    Disconnect from the cold air return and connect to the Ultra-Aire, Turning the dehu blower on will get you fresh air mixed will house air when the dehu fan runs. Run the dehu fan when the home is occupied. The fresh air will mix with house air and be filtered by a Merv 13 air filter. If the %RH rises above your setting, the damp fresh air will dried by the dehumidifier before it is circulated to the home.
    No y needed.
    Or you can leave the way it is, Only fresh air when heat and cooling?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    So, it is either Dehu fresh air OR heat and cooling, but not both, right? Is there a way to have the fresh air pumping when any of Dehu or AC/furnace work?

Post Likes
    So, it is either Dehu fresh air OR heat and cooling, but not both, right? Is there a way to have the fresh air pumping when any of Dehu or AC/furnace work?
    Sure, a relay on the dehu fan circuit that closes when ever the a/c-heating is used. But a better choice to operate the dehu fan whenever the home is occupied. There are many days when the dehu or conditioning is not operating and the home occupied. Limiting the fresh air to heating/cooling/dehu is not ideal. The DEH3000 controller has an occupancy scheduler that will operate the fresh air when you anticipate occupancy. The ultimate control of fresh air is a CO2 sensor which can be set to sense occupancy without fresh air.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Post Likes
    Sure, a relay on the dehu fan circuit that closes when ever the a/c-heating is used. But a better choice to operate the dehu fan whenever the home is occupied. There are many days when the dehu or conditioning is not operating and the home occupied. Limiting the fresh air to heating/cooling/dehu is not ideal. The DEH3000 controller has an occupancy scheduler that will operate the fresh air when you anticipate occupancy. The ultimate control of fresh air is a CO2 sensor which can be set to sense occupancy without fresh air.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Thanks Bear!

Ok, my understanding from your answer is that better to have fresh air intake connected to the Dehu.

But is there any way to have it used for both AC and Dehu by utilizing my existing fresh air intake (and not drilling new hole in the brick) installed originally for AC and connected to cold air return?

Post Likes
    What type of unit all you looking for I can install it for you

Post Likes
    Thanks Bear!

Ok, my understanding from your answer is that better to have fresh air intake connected to the Dehu.

But is there any way to have it used for both AC and Dehu by utilizing my existing fresh air intake (and not drilling new hole in the brick) installed originally for AC and connected to cold air return?
    Connecting fresh air to the a/c return so hard to manage because of the a/c cycle. Disconnect the fresh air from the a/c return and connect it to the dehumidifier return or leave it connected to the a/c. The dehu fan can run on a occupancy schedule or on/off.
    Explain why do both or the need for a second hole in the wall. What am I missing?
    Regards Teddy Bear.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bao Bui View Post
    What type of unit all you looking for I can install it for you
    Thanks, already found someone. If it won't work , definitely will let you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12