Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Ultra Air XT105H installers

Trying to find someone experienced in my area ( MI 48323 ) to go over and install UA XT105H.

Made a few phone calls - no luck, either they using only their brands or don't do a whole house dehumidification at all..

Any recommendations for the local, reliable HVAC contractors are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    Any qualified a/c contractor can buy Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers from Therma-stor LLC Madison Wi.

Active contractors that handle Ultra-Aire are more than 100 miles from you.

Trane contractors have an equal whole home dehumidifier to the Ultra-Aire XT105H available.
    Try the yellow pages for Trane contractors.

Also Goodman handles some similar units but not the XT105H.

Also possible that your post will be noticed by one of our HVAC Talk posters.

Thanks for the interest, willing to assist any contractor you select via phone.
    Keep us posted on what you do to fix the problem.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Thanks Bear!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Any qualified a/c contractor can buy Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers from Therma-stor LLC Madison Wi.

Trane contractors have an equal whole home dehumidifier to the Ultra-Aire XT105H available.

Regards Teddy Bear
    Having trouble to find the installers for this Ultra Air unit.
    Local (Michigan) installers are VERY welcome to reply!

Post Likes

Regards Teddy Bear

Ok. An update: finally found HVAC company that willing to work on that UA unit, though they are not experienced with that at all . I've made a few phone calls - either they never heard of a such system, or want to use Lennox or Aprilair only, or don't want to play with the whole house dehu at all. I was really surprised of that how unpopular Whole house

dehumidification/ventilation in here (Michigan)..

Well, Im still on track to order that XT155H unit and work with those guys. But before I sign with them I'd like your input on the BEST possible install for my house.

I have 2 story colonial - 3300sf. plus 900sf of basement. Lennox Signature 2 zoned system with VS blower. Basement is usually about 10%RH more humid than upstairs, on the calm, no cool days - 65-68%RH. Same time upstairs - 55% -58%RH. More on really humid days.

Questions to Teddy Bear: 1. Should we install Dedicated Ultra-Aire Return in the basement vs connecting to HVAC return? How big?

2. Best approach with zoned system? Both dampers open (AC off) while Dehu is ON? Basically, Dehu ON, AC - OFF , Dehu OFF, AC - ON. Is that right?

3. I have fresh air installed for HVAC. Do I need another one installed specifically for XT155H or we can connect Dehu to existing one and close off for HVAC?

4. If DEH 3000R used, what the best location of the sensor and the main control would be?

Thank you for your time!

Post Likes
    Your original question was on the Ultra-Aire XT105H. On your sized home, this unit should do well and provide <50%RH throughout your home. If your fresh air was +100 cfm and it was important to not exceed 50%RH, the larger unit is fine.

I want to thank you again for your effort to find a contractor to install the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by medveszonok View Post
    Ok. An update: finally found HVAC

Well, Im still on track to order that XT155H unit and work with those guys. But before I sign with them I'd like your input on the BEST possible install for my house.

I have 2 story colonial - 3300sf. plus 900sf of basement. Lennox Signature 2 zoned system with VS blower. Basement is usually about 10%RH more humid than upstairs, on the calm, no cool days - 65-68%RH. Same time upstairs - 55% -58%RH. More on really humid days.
    It is important that your a/c be setup to maintain <50%RH on the mainfloor of the home during high cooling loads. If it can not, have your tech slow the a/c blower enough to get down to <50%RH with a/c only during long cooling runs. Example, If you want 50%RH at 75^F, a55^F dew point, we should have <50^F dew point coming from the a/c while maintain temp/%RH during significant cooling cycles.

Questions to Teddy Bear: 1. Should we install Dedicated Ultra-Aire Return in the basement vs connecting to HVAC return in air su? How big?

All ducts are 10" on the XT dehus. Is the VS fan on 24/7 with basement included air circulation? If yes, The dehu would take air from the upper level return and the dehu dry air supply be connected to the basement supply zone, As a side issue, is the basement open to rest of the home? With an open basement, taking air from the upper levels and supplied to the basement causes circulation throughout.

2. Best approach with zoned system? Both dampers open (AC off) while Dehu is ON? Basically, Dehu ON, AC - OFF , Dehu OFF, AC - ON. Is that right?
    The dehu could run at the same time the a/c runs. Dampers open when the a/c is off.

3. I have fresh air installed for HVAC. Do I need another one installed specifically for XT155H or we can connect Dehu to existing one and close off for HVAC?
    Most of the fresh air supplies are connected to he cold air return of the a/c? With a timer X minutes "on", X minutes "off". Yours?? The DEF3000R allows ON/OFF on demand, Occupancy schedules 5/2 or 7 day schedules.

4. If DEH 3000R used, what the best location of the sensor and the main control would be?

Locate the controller in the location you are most concerned.

Thank you for your time!
    I may have caused more questions. Feel free to raise the issues.
    Thanks again for the your effort and support.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    Thank you.

Was hoping to get the answers on my 4 questions to you from my last post...

Post Likes
    Thank you.

Was hoping to get the answers on my 4 questions to you from my last post...

TB, please.

Post Likes

It is important that your a/c be setup to maintain <50%RH on the mainfloor of the home during high cooling loads. If it can not, have your tech slow the a/c blower enough to get down to <50%RH with a/c only during long cooling runs. Example, If you want 50%RH at 75^F, a55^F dew point, we should have <50^F dew point coming from the a/c while maintain temp/%RH during significant cooling cycles.

Questions to Teddy Bear: 1. Should we install Dedicated Ultra-Aire Return in the basement vs connecting to HVAC return in air su? How big?

All ducts are 10" on the XT dehus. Is the VS fan on 24/7 with basement included air circulation? If yes, The dehu would take air from the upper level return and the dehu dry air supply be connected to the basement supply zone, As a side issue, is the basement open to rest of the home? With an open basement, taking air from the upper levels and supplied to the basement causes circulation throughout.

The dehu could run at the same time the a/c runs. Dampers open when the a/c is off.

Most of the fresh air supplies are connected to he cold air return of the a/c? With a timer X minutes "on", X minutes "off". Yours?? The DEF3000R allows ON/OFF on demand, Occupancy schedules 5/2 or 7 day schedules.

Thank you for your time!

Is this what you are looking for?

If not, explain.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Post Likes

Thank you for your time!

Is this what you are looking for?

If not, explain.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Thanks Bear!

1.My VS fan is always on AUTO. The basement is open to the rest of the home.

2. Prefer that dehu worked not the same time as AC...

3. Yes. Currently it is connected to cold air return. Not sure about your question "With a timer X minutes "on", X minutes "off". Yours?? " Do I still need dedicated fresh air supply to dehu OR I can retrofit existing one?

Thank you again for your time, TB!

Post Likes
    1. By "how big" I meant the grill size (if that matters), not the duct itself.

3. "With a timer X minutes "on", X minutes "off". Yours?? " I think you meant if I have dampers on fresh air. No, don't see one.

Post Likes
    Also, Im still a little confused about best installation approach: should I make a dedicated return ( and draw basement air ) somewhere in the middle of the basement OR just to connect to cold air return of HVAC system?

Post Likes
    Thanks Bear!

1.My VS fan is always on AUTO. The basement is open to the rest of the home.

2. Prefer that dehu worked not the same time as AC...

3. Yes. Currently it is connected to cold air return. Not sure about your question "With a timer X minutes "on", X minutes "off". Yours?? " Do I still need dedicated fresh air supply to dehu OR I can retrofit existing one?

Thank you again for your time, TB!
    Your fresh air when the a/c blower runs? No cooling, no fresh air?

Re-route the fresh air to the dehumidifier return and operate the fan on the dehu when the home is occupied or 24/7. You could add CO2 sensor that would sense occupancy and no wind.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast