Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    I thought EMF was under control also until the reports from the Navy and others started saying otherwise. I believe in progress but am wondering why the bugs weren't worked out before designing the ships. The superheated water did a phase change to steam as soon as the pressure dropped. What did they think would be accomplished by superheating water?
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    They thought they could control it to make an instant Steam for the Catapult. They were hoping they could inject the water along the Steam Catapult rail. They couldn't even get to the point of a way to control and meter it. BTW the Navy has a long history with Super Heated water. They even use it at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.

Post Likes
    I'm not doubting the super heated water. It's used in every power plant boiler feed water system. I'm just thinking function wise super heated steam is a better choice but saturated steam is a lot safer and maybe easier on the Catapult. How fast is the Catapult regenerated after a launch? EMF doesn't have a regen time and after it is debugged seems like a better choice.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234