Post Likes

Confused NAE Object reverts to Default Value every time the Device loses power or reboots

Good Day All

Anyone know if it's possible to write a changing object value used in a calculation (Control System on the NAE) onto the ADS/ADX Server so that it's value is maintained even after a reboot? I'm considering writing and reading to/from an FEC/FAC/NCE Controller, however I suspect it may take it's reading from the NAE which reverts to a default value on reboot.

I Use the "Last Month Value" and "Day 1 Value" calculated from Power Meter Readings for a graphic we use to display overall campus power usage at Nelson Mandela University in South Africa, Port Elizabeth.

Every time the NAE reboots I need to go through a trend and manually re-enter the two key values or the calculations go hay-wire

Any ideas welcome

Thank you so much, have an awesome day or evening depending on where (and when) you are when you read this

Post Likes
    What if you make a sample and hold circuit in the NAE and link it to trigger when the NAE reboots? Here is a picture of one I use in the FEC's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    What if you make a sample and hold circuit in the NAE and link it to trigger when the NAE reboots? Here is a picture of one I use in the FEC's.
    Thanks The Reaper...
    The NAE doesn't have a Last Value object, however I could definitely use that on an FEC to re-instate the last value when the NAE reboots

Regards