Post Likes

7000 metric tons of R-11 dumped!

Kinda negates any "good work" we do here to recover refrigerants, eh?

https://www.foxnews.com/science/chin...IGAkewbvlERX6U

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Kinda negates any "good work" we do here to recover refrigerants, eh?

https://www.foxnews.com/science/chin...IGAkewbvlERX6U
    And I doubt the govt there cares..they figure as long as dollars roll it's all good

Post Likes
    I'm not sure Governments care. Especially when it might cause a present admin to over reach their budget or allocations. What does a company that has stuff they can't sell, recycle, or make into something else? Ya dump it. Our Government did similar things with military left overs like nuke waste.
    There have actively been attempts at Los Alamos National Lab in recent years to clean the waste up because someone ratted the lab out or money was allocated. Sending the waste to a salt mine in NM. The attempts are after almost 80 years of knowing the crap was there, in the canyon.
    One thing the military is really good at is waste.
    I've read about the pollution in Taiwan rivers. Nat Geo had a story that included this if my memory serves.
    Probably the thing that might do us humans in is mass consumerism. Making tons of unnecessary stuff and how our economies have morphed into an enemy we loose to daily.
    Like a gigantic mouth that can't be satisfied.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    This is the problem with treaties, we and a few others comply but much of the world doesn't. We take the expense and economic hit while certain other countries don't.

I still wonder if the whole CFC scare was real? It supposedly regrew in the years following the CFC phaseout, but the question is; was it really due to the CFC phaseout, or was it a naturally occurring phenomenon?

I'm not qualified to determine that, but I do have my questions.

Post Likes
    China is still making the stuff all this time later & yet folks complain because the President doesn't want to send them billions for a carbon tax. Brilliant!

Post Likes
    One nation has a ban and another doesn't. The US banned DDT, the bug killer that didn't discriminate between good/bad bugs but last I heard Brazil still uses it.

Now we definitely have a bee problem. Ask my sister-in-law who lost all her hives. So we ban Round Up but does anyone else. I'm not sure if bug killers or pesticide is to blame but something is. This is a mass extermination that will have a huge effect on us.

CFC's? I know scientists saw something. A hole in the ozone that needed an explanation.
    There was a lot of head scratching by science and the industry. The evidence told them to side with caution. It will take time to see if they did he right thing. We think of the Earth as too big to matter.
    Now science is finding all the negative side to the nuke testing of the 50's 60's.
    There's really very little that man can do that doesn't leave a mark of some kind.

I believe that given time the Earth can repair damage. It's just the fix might come faster w/o humans.I hope we don't piss off Nature before we fix what we did.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49