Post Likes

ALC/Lieber/Vertiv tools quesion

I think I see how to write a control program using what Vertiv simply calls Eikon. I'm sure it's LogicBuilder. Looks like one just uses modbus://register type/modbus register address/device id for the address of the analog and binary input points in order to communicate modbus with the device that connects to the controllers S1 port. While I don't really need to do it since I only plan to use LogicBuilder, SiteBuilder and SiteScan to write the control program and program the controllers. Or is there an easier way to do it? Then use NEO (Nlyte Energy Optimizer) for monitoring. What is used to build the unit bezel graphic? ViewBuilder? I haven't quite figured out how or what ViewBuilder is used for.

Thanks.

Stan'

Post Likes
    SiteBuilder is Eikon, just marketing name changes.
    Yes, viewbuilder is for graphics.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Oh. I guess all of the Emerson/Liebert/Vertiv tools are rebranded ALC tools huh?

I guessed ViewBuilder was for graphics, but I've yet to figure out how to incorporate the graphics into SiteBuilder or SiteScan. Not that I really need to in this case. I was just curious.

I think the Schneider tech is supposed to be onsite Tuesday to upgrade one of the EPS7000's. When the UPS age, they have a tendency for the cap banks to die. That tends to blow the fuses and dump the load to hopefully utility power. We had that happen several years ago during a power upgrade at the old data center. It was bad timing. Generators hadn't come online and stabilized. So all of that UPS load went down Not pretty. A lot of that load critical stuff on mainframes. Wasn't a good day... I'll see if I can get the Schneider tech to change both UPS back to MODBUS when he is there. The SNMP info from the UPS leaves much to be desired. At least Schneider doesn't ask one to sign an NDA for the MIB file for the UPS. Still unsure why they ask one to sign an NDA for the MODBUS info. Every other mfg I've dealt with published that info on their webiste.

As always, thanks for helping a learning newbie.

Stan

Post Likes
    Yes they are the same product re-skinned and different programs to serve different markets.

Electrolytic caps do need to be on a service changeout plan just like batteries, actually similar materials and composition between the two. Caps do last a lot longer than batteries in general, and like batteries their failure is predicted with maintenance measurements and trending the change. Also just like batteries when they short internally they can cause a flaming explosion and destroy the UPS.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

Post Likes
    Ok. I know my way around pretty well in sitebuilder and have learned a lot about logicbuilder or Eikon as Vertiv calls it. Not so much with viewbuilder though, I haven't quite figured out how that piece and the logicbuilder piece fit together.

Yeah, both of the EPS7000's were stored while the old data center was remodeled. When they moved them back in and fired the first one up, it went bang! and let the smoke out...

One last related question. I lucked up and Vertiv still had a copy of the sitescan database when we had a sitescan system at the old data center. I can looks at some/most of the control programs and so on, but I haven't figured out a way to open the database in sitebuilder so I can see what control programs were originally used for the FPCs. They are the 300 Kva model. It's been to long, I don't remember if the FPC's had PMP with LDMF or just PMP. I think they had the branch circuit monitoring, but I keep getting a communications error when I connect to the LDM port using a null modem cable and the Liebert/Vertiv utilities for configuring the breakers. Would be nice to monitor the main breaker and sub-feed breakers, but I don't know that company that reconfigured the breaker panels kept the CT's. I'm guessing not.

Stan

Post Likes
    If it's derby or access just drop it in webroot and you can open it in Sitebuilder.

If you find the pieces you need they can be "clipped" (file, clipping) out of that system and into the other one.

Post Likes
    Ok. I'll give it a try. I'm pretty sure it's SQL though. Probably up the creek in that case.

At least I finally got the JBUS registers from Schneider today. Looks like I'll have to convert them to MODBUS.

Thanks for your help.

Stan

Post Likes
    I think jbus is just modbus documented in hexadecimal and you need to add or remove 1 from the address.

Look in the backup for the db.properties and that will tell you the db type it needs.

Post Likes
    That's what a document I saw on the Schneider says. Says the MODBUS register is n+1.

db.properties in the root folder for the old site says all of the databases are access. I'll give what you suggested a try.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Stan

Post Likes
    Well, sitebuilder sees the old site; but when I try to open it, I get a unsupported database type. It was built with an older version of sitebuilder and I have a 6.5.x version. Don't know if that's the difference. Oh well. I'm not going o worry about it. Onward with building the control program and seeing if this will work. Schneider techs will be back onsite tomorrow to finish up and install new fans in both EPS7000's. Hopefully they ran cables for me so I can see if my newbie control programming skill are any good...

Stan

Post Likes
    They gradually phased out access DB, I think around 6.1 it was only available in the 32bit install. Regardless the programs and graphics are still there but the parameters stored in them will be lost as that's in the db. \programs and \views\graphics.

Post Likes
    I had forgotten that. Oh well.

I was a bit disappointed after talking to the Schneider tech again. He told me the UPS don't have the interface that does JBUS/MODBUS We'll have to buy those and Schneider will have to program them.

I have another question, but I'll start another thread for it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Stan