Post Likes

Question Bitzer SE-E1 Control Module Question

Hey guys, I've sent out this question to Lodam controls but I'm not sure if I'll get a reply from them anytime soon... so here's a question for you guys regarding the SE-E1 module.
    Between terminals 1 & 2 of the module I understand that they are meant to read the resistance of the thermistor within the motor. If it's over 12K ohms, the module opens the control circuit. However, is there a common resistance from factory that should be read between those two terminals without the thermistors connected to them?
    The other day I came across a module that I was troubleshooting and was surprised to see 12K ohms between those two terminals without anything connected to the module.
    Regardless I'm not sure if that is a common resistance that should be read on all SE-E1 modules from factory.

If that's the case I'm thinking the module works by differential, say 400 ohms of a good compressor and 12K ohms of the module and the circuit remains closed because there's a differential of over 11K and if the compressor thermistor is at 12K ohms there would be no differential. The two would equal out. Maybe I'm thinking it wrong. Someone could explain? Thanks!

Post Likes
    See if this Helps You to Understand it.

http://www.goldair-control.com/se-e1...ctor-p-13.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by E&E View Post
    Hey guys, I've sent out this question to Lodam controls but I'm not sure .

The other day I came across a module that I was troubleshooting and was surprised to see 12K ohms between those two terminals without anything connected to the module.
    Regardless I'm not sure if that is a common resistance that should be read on all SE-E1 modules from factory.

Thanks!
    After reading your thread I measured the resistance on a spare module...over twice as higher than yours, I been dealing with Bitzer compressors for a long time and I dont recall having one protection module fail yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply guys and valdelocc your module is a SE-B3, not sure if the resistance would differ from the SE-E1 module. I couldn't find what was wrong with the module when I took it out.
    All other safeties proved out fine so I decided to swap the module out with module from circuit #1 and when I put circuit #2 module in the first circuit everything started up fine, both compressors, so I don't why I was getting a compressor fault at the controller. I'm assuming the relay was stuck inside the module. I was just curious to know what I would be expecting ohms wise between terminals 1 & 2 if I came across a bad SE-E1 module.

The SE-E1 module triggers at 11.4K ohms and the SE-B3 module triggers at 4.5K ohms but your reading 30K ohms while the SE-E1 reads 12K. Interesting.

Post Likes
    Have you try calling Bitzer? they may be able to help with the module resistance values. Nice avatar, that was their best album, my favorite.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!