Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: No Fuses

Post Likes
    found a grocery store with an electric defrost heater panel off to the side. Every circuit had copper to replace the fuses.I closed the door and rolled on, every time i went to that store it scared the crap out me. Looking back 27 years i figure that store has kept me little safer all these years. I confirm power with a meter always,sometimes twice. I teach all our employees to do the same. Copper tube in the disconnect usually bends the holders and they won't hold a fuse properly, so i quote a new disconnect and real fuses when we run across this now days.

Post Likes
    With this Law Suit Happy World that came about after the Beverly Hills Fire, back in the 70's, .... My just being the "Last Contractor" on th' Job leaves the "door open" for any litigation that would start with "Did You know that "XXXX" posed as a Hazard, to Life &/or Property, & why didn't You inform the building Owner of it, or do something about it?"

I "Inform" the building Owners, of the hazardous conditions, & "if" given permission, fix/repair the problem, all of which is written , in detail, on my invoices, ... Either way, the "Hazard" is written of, in detail, in the Invoice, & if the Building Owner refuses to Sign the Invoice & Pay me, I take the Invoice to those that have the Authority to act upon it.

That way, if the building burns, or someone is harmed &/or dies, .... The Blame doesn't fall upon me.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

3. Likes Fender60, Vinnie_NJ liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    With this Law Suit Happy World that came about after the Beverly Hills Fire, back in the 70's, .... My just being the "Last Contractor" on th' Job leaves the "door open" for any litigation that would start with "Did You know that "XXXX" posed as a Hazard, to Life &/or Property, & why didn't You inform the building Owner of it, or do something about it?"

I "Inform" the building Owners, of the hazardous conditions, & "if" given permission, fix/repair the problem, all of which is written , in detail, on my invoices, ... Either way, the "Hazard" is written of, in detail, in the Invoice, & if the Building Owner refuses to Sign the Invoice & Pay me, I take the Invoice to those that have the Authority to act upon it.

That way, if the building burns, or someone is harmed &/or dies, .... The Blame doesn't fall upon me.
    That sounds like a smart practice to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789