Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No Fuses

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    Come on you Little Sissy BBbeerme, at least get my user name right. It is LZ, as in "LANDING ZONE ENGLISH", Vietnam. Course you would not know anything about that, as you were breast feed by your father till you were in your 20's, right? You keep messin with the head of the snake, and your bound to get bit beer. YOU Keep throwing the fodder, and i will return fire with more than you can possibly handle, i promise you this, and the ban be damn, which is what you are seeking anyway, right?. PS: Now ya got me thinking of visiting the city again, you happy?
    I always wandered what your name was about...you should be nice to beerme, its different than if you like to talk shit in your garage or home than on the internet. People cant gauges you or leave you. Best not do it. Or just lightly after a long go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    No, David. You've misconstrued what I've said.

- Non-fused disconnects are used when the circuit breakers are sized properly in the panel.

- in the event of a single feeder supplying the air handler and condensing unit, you can either have fused disconnects at both units, or a properly sized breaker (per the nameplate) at the panel for the larger load (usually the air handler with electric heat in FL), and a fused disconnect sized per the nameplate out at the smaller load (outdoor unit).

Are you in disbelief that the circuits/equipment are protected adequately? Or is it more of a workmanship issue that you take with this setup?

I see the "single feeder to both units" situation mostly in older condos in Martin county, FL.

It's not often, and I don't think I've seen it in any new(er) construction jobs, but we've done enough change-outs with wiring like that I've taken notice of the practice and it's safety.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Non-fused disconnects are used when the circuit breakers are sized properly in the panel. "

" in the event of a single feeder supplying the air handler and condensing unit, you can either have fused disconnects at both units, or a properly sized breaker (per the nameplate) at the panel for the larger load "

Not here, in My area, being S.W. Ohio, since I became a "Helper" in 1974. That was enforced by all of My Employers & The Inspectors Shell.

"Are you in disbelief that the circuits/equipment are protected adequately?" First, it's what the Inspectors Demand, .... Secondly, how does a dedicated, single feeder, sized for Electric heat, & the HP ODU, for instance 15KW Second Stage heat, & 3 1/2 ton HP, .... protect the compressor from burning out? I'm guessing here, but, .... wouldn't that single feeder/ breaker be at least a 100 Amp breaker on a #2 circuit?

And, .... doesn't a "Single Feeder" to both the A.H. & ODU defy the specifications of a Dedicated Circuit?

No Sir, ... "Workmanship" is only a small part of it. 220 Volt "Appliances", meaning Air Handlers with KW packages & ODUs, per what I've been trained in, & told by the AHJs, in S.W. Ohio, have Always required a dedicated circuit to each piece of equipment, with a "Disconnect" in Sight, & the ODU being fused via HACR Fuses.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulz View Post
    Ive been on a project that the inspector didn't even do a driveby, he asked us to text him pictures. I was shocked to say the least.
    Indeed Schultz.

There's been many a time, where an Inspector, would come out on one of my installs, "getting up in the years" &/or Flat Out Lazy, wouldn't want to go up in to an Attic, or down in to a Crawl space. I'd tell him to put that in writing for me, which pissed them off, but, they got in to the Attic &/or Crawl & checked my work.

I've been on several jobs, that were "Allegedly Inspected", & uncovered work that Amazed me. On a couple of these jobs, I even called the Building Department & asked them "What's the reason for me to get a Permit, when the Inspectors obviously didn't inspect what had been done before me?" That opened up a Septic Tank of "Finger pointing" & "Butt covering", that to me, revealed how deep "The Good Ole Boy" System of Politics is in my area.

I woulda told that Inspector that I didn't know how to use a "smart phone", & that he needed to come & "Take those Pictures".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    We have video inspections around here.

How so Core?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    Come on you Little Sissy BBbeerme, at least get my user name right. It is LZ, as in "LANDING ZONE ENGLISH", Vietnam. Course you would not know anything about that, as you were breast feed by your father till you were in your 20's, right? You keep messin with the head of the snake, and your bound to get bit beer. YOU Keep throwing the fodder, and i will return fire with more than you can possibly handle, i promise you this, and the ban be damn, which is what you are seeking anyway, right?. PS: Now ya got me thinking of visiting the city again, you happy?
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    I have seen this done - both CU and AH fed from one breaker - but I always assumed it to be illegal. I have always avoided installing that way - always running separate circuits to each unit. I do a fair number of things just because I think it's better. "Code" is just the 'lowest grade allowable' anyway.

I have had inspectors get on me for doing things Too Well. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

"Non-fused disconnects are used when the circuit breakers are sized properly in the panel. "

" in the event of a single feeder supplying the air handler and condensing unit, you can either have fused disconnects at both units, or a properly sized breaker (per the nameplate) at the panel for the larger load "
    David, you quoted me in your post but you neglected to quote the entire paragraph, misrepresenting what I said in a big way.

The very next sentence qualifies that by stating the outdoor unit/smaller load would need to have a properly sized fused disconnect installed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I always wandered what your name was about...you should be nice to beerme, its different than if you like to talk shit in your garage or home than on the internet. People cant gauges you or leave you. Best not do it. Or just lightly after a long go around.

He's talking crap about me? That's sort of funny, since I never read his posts when he uses that crazy font. Same thing like if somebody makes a post in all caps, I just blow past it. Or when someone makes a massive paragraph and it is just one huge block of text, except for Wayne, I will read his post when he does that.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

9. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    How so Core?
    The inspector sits at home while the installer shows him the install via some kind of video thing. I believe it may be just one inspector that very sick.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    He's talking crap about me? That's sort of funny, since I never read his posts when he uses that crazy font. Same thing like if somebody makes a post in all caps, I just blow past it. Or when someone makes a massive paragraph and it is just one huge block of text, except for Wayne, I will read his post when he does that.
    Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    This is why you always check with a Meter
    Holy crap.

Post Likes
    Lol

Why is he talking crap about me? Is he some sort of keyboard Warrior or what?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I have seen this done - both CU and AH fed from one breaker - but I always assumed it to be illegal. I have always avoided installing that way - always running separate circuits to each unit. I do a fair number of things just because I think it's better. "Code" is just the 'lowest grade allowable' anyway.

I have had inspectors get on me for doing things Too Well. <g>

From the beginning of when I got involved in the Trade, working for others at first, & then on my own, .... Even in Training Poodle, I was always told to run dedicated circuits to each unit.

What did You do "Too Well"?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast