Post Likes

Fan coil thermostat

Hello, I have a relative that has a bad thermostat. She is in a condo and has a fan coil heating and air system. According to the wiring on the fan coil it says 24 volt so I assume I would need a 24 volt thermostat, just not sure if any brand would work or not. Currently it has a Honeywell with no part number on the front of it it, Thanks Chris

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughrider View Post
    Hello, I have a relative that has a bad thermostat. She is in a condo and has a fan coil heating and air system. According to the wiring on the fan coil it says 24 volt so I assume I would need a 24 volt thermostat, just not sure if any brand would work or not. Currently it has a Honeywell with no part number on the front of it it, Thanks Chris
    ASSUMING is dangerous.........….I suggest you call your service provider and have the unit looked at!

Post Likes
    So just pay someone to do it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Roughrider View Post
    So just pay someone to do it?
    Your paying for the Knowledge and tools the tech has. When was the last time maintenance was performed? Would you know of the controls are exceeding the VA rating of the transformer? Is the air flow proper, pressures and temperatures within factory specs?

Post Likes
    Or... do it yourself and hope for the best that you don't blow the circuit board on the blower unit. Not that that's never happened. You can call Honeywell tech support and they may walk you through it. We're not permitted to give DIY responses. But I can tell you that by the question you asked - you're over your head in what needs to be done.