Thread: Installation

Post Likes

Installation

Hi,

Im hearing that a/c and ductwork replacement is all about the installation rather than the brand. How and where can one locate a good installer in the north NJ area?

Thanks,
    Sam

Post Likes
    EPA Certified

Post Likes
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    Thanks everone for the feedback..it appreciated! its all new to me.

One of the quotes for a/c and duct replacement received included all Branch lines will be changed from 6 inch to 8 inch and will be R-8 insulated flex, and have volume damper collars for proper air balancing. Are volume damper collars needed for a one zone house?

There are 6 registers...are the ok to be reused when changing from 6" to 8" insulated flex to the registers?

Post Likes
    Still in the gathering information before final decision. Leaning towards rigid duct installation with R8 flex branches (6) 10' or less. Just need to decide on the installer...the large co. is almost double in price for a/c and duct replacment but I think know the installation. And from what I'm hearing installation is important to avoid problems done the road.

Post Likes
    Take a look at the contractor locator map on this site...
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    At a guess I'd say if you are going bigger with the ducts, you better enlarge the register. If too small, it will be noisy & restrictive and you haven't gained anything.

Large companies have large overheads, can explain the price. Or maybe they are doing stuff smaller companies aren't. Check the proposals carefully. Post model #s, no prices, and we can tell you if you are comparing like equipment.