Post Likes

Air change Rate Ventilation VS ASHREA 62 Table

Greetings,

I am working to provide ventilation for a warehouse. Per Ashrea, I only need to provide min. 0.06 cfm per sq ft fresh air. But there are some recommendations to provide 4-8 time air change per hour. The difference between Ashrea and recommendation is significant. The warehouse does not need to be air conditioned.

Post Likes
    What climate is this?
    Does the space need to be dry, <50%RH?
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    What climate is this?
    Does the space need to be dry, <50%RH?
    Regards Teddy Bear
    It is Texas and there is no requirement for RH.

Post Likes
    Is this occupied space? What is stored in the warehouse? This is getting complicated. If not occupied, or the stored material is not hazardous ventilation could be minimal. Like the low number??
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    4 to 8 ventilation air changes per hour is more than most hospital spaces require. As noted by others, unless there is something special about what is to be stored, or there is vehicle traffic that is creating a lot of exhaust fumes (e.g. propane forklifts) then the ASHRAE 62.1 number should govern.

Thought, if I were you, I would ask whomever is telling you 4 to 8 ACH on what basis they are making this statement. It may turn out they have a good reason that you should consider.

Post Likes
    But there are some recommendations to provide 4-8 time air change per hour.

What recommendations?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN20 View Post
    Greetings,

I am working to provide ventilation for a warehouse. Per Ashrea, I only need to provide min. 0.06 cfm per sq ft fresh air. But there are some recommendations to provide 4-8 time air change per hour. The difference between Ashrea and recommendation is significant. The warehouse does not need to be air conditioned.
    Hello H-M20. As a Great Tech on this forum says, "Stop, Step Back, and Have Another go at it"! You start with what the customer wants, and then you take a look at that, and determine if it is "Legal, and Possible to Accomplish". Questions for you..What State is this Warehouse located in? How large is this Warehouse? What will be stored in this Warehouse? Will all or any of this space be Occupied by Humans, or No? Will this be a Ducted Design, or Whole House Space Design? You have already said the customer does not want Heating, Cooling, or Humidity Control, Correct?, So this appears to be a straight forward "Supply/Exhaust Air System Design", Do You Agree, or No? Below is one of the OSHA Standards you will be required to follow, along with any Local Codes! Good Luck to You! .

PS: Concerning Ashrae Recommendations: They are Best Practice Guidelines often cited by Osha, But Osha is the Last Best and Final Law.....Ok, Not Always "Best"! LoL

https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/ot...otm_iii_3.html

Post Likes
    Thank you all.