Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    It's textbook. Dehumanization must take place in order to justify the unthinkable. It's been demonstrated throughout history.
    Right! The Germans first dehumanized the retarded and the Jews and then justified their elimination. They were getting rid of the unwanted. That is what women want when they have an abortion. Get rid of the unwanted children. But, dehumanize them first so it is not too hard on their conscience. Amazing, just lie to yourself and it will be easier.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

2. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    For those of us in a state with a carpool lane, or HOV lane, pregnant does NO OT count.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    How about considering them a human when they are viable outside the womb?

Just because there is a heartbeat and a cluster of cells, does that make it a human being?

Abortion should not be a first line of birth control, just should be available.

While personal responsibility is needed, I think all those that say zero abortion should be required to join a registry. As an unwanted pregnancy is reported, the next on the list becomes responsible for that "human". I mean from start to death. It becomes their child.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The key phrase. The point at which life begins has not been scientifically nor legally "determined". Shouldn't the scales weigh against abortion, just on the possibility that they could be snuffing out a real life?

I personally have no doubts as to when life begins.

Well, for me the scales are tipped in the favor of letting folks decide stuff like this for themselves. Really would like to see the Republican Party get away from this PRIVATE issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post

Just because there is a heartbeat and a cluster of cells, does that make it a human being?

While personal responsibility is needed, I think all those that say zero abortion should be required to join a registry. As an unwanted pregnancy is reported, the next on the list becomes responsible for that "human". I mean from start to death. It becomes their child.
    I guess you are not following the reasons I have posted in this thread.

Because there is no point in the process where a person begins to exist except from the very point of conception. You, yes, you existed as a human person from conception onward. If anyone had taken your life after conception you would have been killed. Not some "mass", or "thing", but you as a human person.

I am being totally biologically scientific. You began as a person to exist not at birth or at any other point in the process. But, at conception! Any other determination of when you began to exist is mambo jumbo arbitrary made up falsehood.

Regarding who is responsible for the new unborn or newly born person has nothing to do with the immoral act of killing a little innocent person. Caring for people is another issue and it is an issue. I do support a home for unwed mothers who decide not to kill their unborn child. But, ultimately it is the mother and father who are responsible. But, this is not central to the real issue of the morality of killing people.

Viability, well grandma is not viable either. Grandma need total care, she serves not practical purpose, can't even walk, makes no sense when she talks, she is a real pain. She is no longer viable. So, can we dispose of her? Like the newborn who is also not able to live long without assistance. So, can we kill them after we determine they can't survive without a great deal of assistance? Or, because they are unwanted?

You see it is the conservatives who actually care the most about human life and its value. Liberals, especially liberal women are the least caring. So much so that they are willing to kill their own. Wow! It is the liberals in congress who actually campaign for the killing of people, especially little defenseless people while trying to save the life of a convicted rapist and serial murderer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. They can't even follow simple logic and consistent reasoning.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Well, for me the scales are tipped in the favor of letting folks decide stuff like this for themselves. Really would like to see the Republican Party get away from this PRIVATE issue.
    Ok, then you should not serve on a jury in a murder trial. You consider it a private issue and none of your business.

Post Likes

They are human in or outside of the womb.
    Yes heartbeat and cells are identifiable to humans...unless you want to argue it's a cow up in there.
    What makes the second child more important than the first...you want to protect the second...but let the first be killed...what a compromise

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Murder is not a private issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Ok, then you should not serve on a jury in a murder trial. You consider it a private issue and none of your business.
    No, that is the legal system and a legal matter is a public issue.

As of now, the legal definition for killing the unborn is being followed.

Post Likes
    Well, I think things got going for me at about 30 weeks. Really can’t remember much then either.

Hugh, my wife had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks, years ago. It was no big deal really. Would have been devastating to see one of my newborn kids pass away. You can make any argument you care to make...but it’s not the same...a new born out of the womb is different.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    They are human in or outside of the womb.
    Yes heartbeat and cells are identifiable to humans...unless you want to argue it's a cow up in there.
    What makes the second child more important than the first...you want to protect the second...but let the first be killed...what a compromise
    The unborn baby has its own unique DNA from its mother proving it is a separate human being.

Post Likes
    No, that is the legal system and a legal matter is a public issue.

As of now, the legal definition for killing the unborn is being followed.
    Legal and moral are different things. In Germany it was legal to kill Jews and retarded people but that did not make it moral. Still falls thru as murder regardless of the political system determination that it is legal. It is wrong. It is killing an innocent human person.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast