Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

Is it really OK in these circumstances?

I wonder how GOD ALMIGHTY FEELS.... in regards to people who believe it is FINE AND DANDY to rip a LIFE apart just because the "mother" was raped... or the child was born out of an incestuous relationship ???

Its funny aint it..... Many of the anti abortion crowd... screaming... going hysterical...

"HOW CAN YOU KILL AN INNOCENT CHILD ???"....

But those same folks look at the case of a rape victim and pronounce..... "That CHILD is the result of a rape... KILL IT !!!!!!"

Sick mother whatevers.......

Gal dont have to raise the child... all she has to do is wait until she has given birth then instruct them to "Take it away and do whatever you wish with it. I dont want it" ""Courts gave the man who raped me 2 years in prison, give it him to him when he gets out in 16 months"

BOOOM !!!
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Why don't you talk to God corn and find out? Not being a smart A that is a good question.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    Why don't you talk to God corn and find out? Not being a smart A that is a good question.
    GOD says he puts a hell of a lot worse on peoples backs than carrying a child to term then dumping it on the state.

Cancer... murder... torture... the death of a child... that someone wanted...... horrible crippling diseases.... ripped apart in accidents and yet able to survive for years and years.... tied to machines.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I would be willing to bet that He feels like a rapidly applied death penalty would be mandatory for all incestuous rapists.

PHM
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I wonder how GOD ALMIGHTY FEELS.... in regards to people who believe it is FINE AND DANDY to rip a LIFE apart just because the "mother" was raped... or the child was born out of an incestuous relationship ???

Its funny aint it..... Many of the anti abortion crowd... screaming... going hysterical...

But those same folks look at the case of a rape victim and pronounce..... "That CHILD is the result of a rape... KILL IT !!!!!!"

Gal dont have to raise the child... all she has to do is wait until she has given birth then instruct them to "Take it away and do whatever you wish with it. I dont want it" ""Courts gave the man who raped me 2 years in prison, give it him to him when he gets out in 16 months"

BOOOM !!!
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    There is a lot of truth and wisdom in what you are saying Corny. But many, especially a large percentage of women might disagree. It can be real easy to tell someone else to do something, but as men I'm not sure we are a 100% qualified to tell a woman, especially a woman that was raped what she should do. More women than men now vote in elections, and if there is one thing that pisses most of them off more than anything is a bunch of old men telling them what they should be doing with their bodies, whether there is something growing inside them or not.

Post Likes

BOOOM !!!
    How do you feel about it

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Post Likes

BOOOM !!!

Corny! I agree 100% with you on this.

If we believe that taking any innocent human life is immoral, even murder, then taking the life of the unborn who exists because of the sin of her/his father makes no logical or moral sense.

We are punishing the unborn child for the crime of the father.

Corny is being totally logical and consistent with his view. And, I am a pro-life view person. The only exception I allow for is if it is determined either the unborn or the mother cannot be saved physically, then one has no choice but to determine which life is to be saved. That is not abortion, that is making a choice as to which life we will save if only one can be saved.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    There is a lot of truth and wisdom in what you are saying Corny. But many, especially a large percentage of women might disagree. It can be real easy to tell someone else to do something, but as men I'm not sure we are a 100% qualified to tell a woman, especially a woman that was raped what she should do. More women than men now vote in elections, and if there is one thing that pisses most of them off more than anything is a bunch of old men telling them what they should be doing with their bodies, whether there is something growing inside them or not.
    Hard to say as a man, but I think if I were a rape victim i'd say kill his spawn. No need my body being busted up and stretched out of shape to harbor the rapist 'reproduction rights'.

I am SEVERE anti-abortion, but I'd let the rape thing go.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    The problem I foresee is many false accusations of rape to be granted an abortion.

Post Likes
    If human life is indeed sacred then our other forms of killing would need to be looked at. Capital punishment, wars, any government allowances such as the police carrying death on their hip with a license to kill.
    Or is it just because it's an unborn who had no say in it's execution? If other forms of killing are OK then why are babies different.
    I don't know. I remember Germaine Greer, the feminist from way back saying "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament."
    I'm not ready to disarm cops. Capital punishment does have a problem with the Innocent Project finding so many not guilty on death row. That;s a condemnation of our whole justice system.
    I'm just pondering the actual mentality of both pro and anti abortion. If we end death by Government sanction, do we include all life as being sacred?
    I personally think abortion is sick but I'm not so sure about the others.
    Or is it like my neighbor says "It doesn't matter". Animal life doesn't seem to matter so are we more important? I know that answer is NO because of how we treat human life. Usually complete disregard.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Corny! I agree 100% with you on this.

If we believe that taking any innocent human life is immoral, even murder, then taking the life of the unborn who exists because of the sin of her/his father makes no logical or moral sense.

We are punishing the unborn child for the crime of the father.

Corny is being totally logical and consistent with his view. And, I am a pro-life view person. The only exception I allow for is if it is determined either the unborn or the mother cannot be saved physically, then one has no choice but to determine which life is to be saved. That is not abortion, that is making a choice as to which life we will save if only one can be saved.
    Why punish the mother? Every time she looks at that child it will bring up horror. If one does not engage in the act of procreation consensualy....At what point does a life begin? An embryo? A heartbeat? When extremities are formed? After 9 months of gestation? Destroy one life or two? I'm pro life with exception. Rape, incest, or retardation.

The meek will inherit the earth is bullshit. The old and slow will perish just like the animal kingdom. Before you chastise me, my brother was born retarded and passed away 16 years ago at the age of 35. I was closer to him than to my two other siblings who were born just like you or I. At 35 years old, he had the intelligence of a 6 year old. He understood more about God than most adults. Only because he had the mind of a child. He had no idea he was different than the rest of us. To this day, I remember what I told my mother when she had to make the decision to pull him off life support. I told her he was short changed from the day he was born and there is no reason he should be short changed anymore.

There are plenty of children being born willingly from parents who couldn't give 2 shits about the kids. Why force an unwilling rape or incest victim to join the statistics?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    This is a truth that the no-abortions-ever people either refuse to consider or are so out of touch that they don't know it.

Which is that women may espouse any position in public or in church - but alone in the voting booth they are going to demand their own right to choose.

No woman sets out one day with the intention to have an abortion. And no women ever ever Wanted to have an abortion. It is gut and soul wrenching in a way that I am sure that no mere man can grasp. But they all feel deeply that it is Their body / Their decision. And . . . they badly deeply intensely resent that men want to take their right to self-determination away from them. And women of any age will not vote for any strong anti-abortion-ist who runs for a public office.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Just a few thoughts...

This whole bit about telling women what to do with this bodies or their uterus is just political talking points. The Democrats came up with this to make the issue personal and emotional. No one besides your OBGYN is interested in your uterus, and no one is trying to tell you what to do with your body. The only thing legislation restricting abortion is about is protecting precious life.

No matter which side of this issue you're on. Roe vs Wade was a horrible decision based on bad law practice. Sit down and read it sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Abortion in cases of rape is a very difficult issue to deal with, and I suspect many of us struggle with it. If you truly believe an unborn child is precious life, then abortion would still be wrong even in the case of rape. OTOH, you can't help but feel for the woman who was the victim of rape and would have to carry the child. One opinion I read said that the same God who is omnipotent can turn a bad situation such as pregnancy rape into a happy and loving ending. I actually know a woman who became pregnant from rape, had the child and loves it dearly.

But what about the child that is a product of rape? Do we give them a death sentence for the crime of it's sperm donor? I ran across this article that speaks to that. https://www.lifenews.com/2016/12/16/...fathers-crime/

I don't claim to have all the answers, just thinking this through.

Less than 1/2 or 1 percent of abortions are due to rape.

Some other stats in the link below that would seem to explain a lot of things. We have many cultural problems, and a huge lack of responsibility.

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/u...on_statistics/

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast